What's new

Tupperware container or humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am noob who keeps usually around 5-10 sticks on hand. Have been using the tupperdoor with boveda packs which has been working great. But my father passed on a bigger humidor with capacity of 30 sticks.. So I put 6 cigars in the humidor and noticed the small boveda packets dried up fast..is there a way to use the humidor without having to have it filled with 30 cigars?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Did the same thing just starting. The wood needs to absorb I certain level a of humidity to hold at a constant. Once it's seasoned the boveda will work great.
Thank you for the help... didn't wanna ruin my couple I got saved Christmas.. lol

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just as a stop-gap measure, try, if you have a local B&m store, hitting them up for cedar blocks, and using those IN the humidor as filler until you are ready to expand (and we are a REAL bad influence on that...). the blocks that come in a lot of premium boxes can take up extra space, and hold extra humidity. they will need to suck up some humidity to get primed, just like the humi itself, but it beats randomly filling the humidor with sticks that you may or may not want a month or year from now, and will keep it more stable long run.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
^or ask some for empty boxes from your store.

maybe a redundant point but make sure your cigars are not in the humidor while you are seasoning it. put the back in the tupperdor, season the humidor properly, get the appropriate amount of bovedas and an extra or two so you can cycle them to recharge any that are spent

at lease not you have some more room to work with and toss some in for longer term aging. lots of deals out there to be had to 'stock up'!