What's new

Tupperware Smootherator

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Tupperware Smootherator ( aka Thumb Saver) is a plastic divider which I snagged out of I forget what plastic box; but there's no reason you couldn't cut one out of any flexible tupp-like plastic. Or you could snag any something or other that looks right. The thing is to get flexible & the right size. I use it to flatten out veins & smooth the wrap. You know, the way these torcedors do with their chavettas. If you flex the thing down you get a consistent pressure clean across. If you hold it at an angle you get the same pressure up & down the stick. Keeps your thumb off the sharp edge.

Tupperware, by the way, is named after Earl Tupper. Odd name. When I went to work for Tupp Signs, years ago, I looked up the derivation of that odd name. From animal husbandry. Turns out that a horse is said to cover a mare, a bull is said to service a heifer, but a ram is said to tupp a ewe. So, somewhere away back in the family history, old great grandpa Tupper likely was a lonely shepherd. I quit Tupp signs when the owner fleeced me.

Anyhoo... thot I'd show you my little Tupperware Smootherator.