What's new

Turn Around Time

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I put in a leaf order a week ago at LeafOnly. It's still at the "shipping info sent to the post office" stage. (translate: we cashed your bucks but we ain't sent nuthin out the door.) Kinda used to the rest of the innerwebz, which is such a short attention span theater.

Are they always a slow turn around time over there?

D

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The three orders I've placed with them all ended up in postal purgatory for a while. Usually they get all the way to day five of their 3-5 day handling period before it physically ships.

Unimpressed, but as one of the few sources we have, I'll probably keep ordering.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
They definitely are slow shippers so I have to plan my orders accordingly. I'm normally waiting 2-4 bus days before the order ships, but once it ships it is usually on my doorstep in a couple days. I don't use much of their filler, but their Dominican binder and their wrappers are my favorites. I can't even remember the last time I ordered wrapper from WLT. I do need to grab some of that new corojo wrapper though. Despite the slow shipping, I will continue to order from them. I have had good luck with them and on my most recent order they overstuffed my 3lb bag of Ecuadorian Habano by an extra half pound. I figure I need to start ordering in larger quantities to take advantage of their heavy hand

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ordered from LeafOnly a week ago last Friday. Last Friday, tracking was still stuck at shipping info sent, and nothing in hand, when I put in an order with Whole Leaf Tobacco. Don shipped that same day. Told them both ship to the office PO box. Both packages arrived at the box yesterday.

Just as there is a dramatic diff between turn around, there's also a dramatic diff in packaging. Don goes for compactness. LO packed things loose.There's five pounds there in the white bag from WLT, and also five in LO's big box. Helluva diff in the bags used, too. Don's bags are impermeable heat sealed thick thick plastic. I'm gonna throw those on top of the stash tub in the closet and forget about them until the tobaccolypse. I have some of his sealed bags years old that still open perfectly. LO's bags are thinner than the zip locks I use to send out cigar bombs and such. I'm going to have to find room somehow in my overstuffed coolidors. No idea how that's gonna work. Just smell the two kinds of bag. These shipments sat outside in the boss's car, cause he fetched the mail yesterday. Hot Car Syndrome had the aroma coming out right thru the LO box. Pulled out a bag and snurfed it -- oh my God. You could practically feel the oils bathing your face. So LO's bags are not gonna keep the stuff. No way I can stash LO leaf for the tobaccolypse.

On the flip side, everything is so much looser and flatter with LO. These leafs want to lay flat; whereas Don's are crammed in a tight space, want to stay creased and crunkled. I'm gonna save a ton of time in the leaf spreading and flattening process.

Here's another night and day diff: Years ago, when I first ordered from LO and decided eff them, the grabba and fronto crap (which they recommended to me) was another planet completely from these leaves. Quality of their leaf has improved exponentially.

Eager to try this Nic binder I got, and see if the Dom volado helps out my Dull-Aware burn reluctance.

OK ... time to go to work

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from LeafOnly a week ago last Friday. Last Friday, tracking was still stuck at shipping info sent, and nothing in hand, when I put in an order with Whole Leaf Tobacco. Don shipped that same day. Told them both ship to the office PO box. Both packages arrived at the box yesterday.

Here's another night and day diff: Years ago, when I first ordered from LO and decided eff them, the grabba and fronto crap (which they recommended to me) was another planet completely from these leaves. Quality of their leaf has improved exponentially.

Eager to try this Nic binder I got, and see if the Dom volado helps out my Dull-Aware burn reluctance.

OK ... time to go to work
All's well that ends well. Hope you like the leaf.

I sometimes wondered if WLT and LO used the same distributor. I found the product to be very similar except LO offers a larger selection from which to choose. A week or so for delivery never bothered me as I'm in no hurry.

Here in Florida is very humid also during the summer months and burn was always a problem. I know you don't like additives but... a solution of saltpeter sprayed on the binder leaf and the wrapper leaf solved the problem for me. It acts as an oxidizer kind of like the addition of oxygen to an acetylene torch. Be aware that the leaf has already absorbed some potassium nitrate through the fertilizer and soil. So it's not like your adding a foreign agent. You'd just be adding a little more to what's already there.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Early cannon had a nasty habit of blowing up. Made for a shortage of willing gunners. Then some Swiss guy figured how to make saltpetre out of urine. Problem solved. Towed a cart with a hogshead of beer behind the caisson. Willing gunners pissed saltpetre. A little charcoal, a little sulpher, boom.

So maybe we ought to just piss on our gars?

I'll buy the beer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early cannon had a nasty habit of blowing up. Made for a shortage of willing gunners. Then some Swiss guy figured how to make saltpetre out of urine. Problem solved. Towed a cart with a hogshead of beer behind the caisson. Willing gunners pissed saltpetre. A little charcoal, a little sulpher, boom.

So maybe we ought to just piss on our gars?

I'll buy the beer.
Yes, that's it!
I would however suggest eating a fair amount of asparagus prior to pissing on the cigar. It's a flavor secret very few rollers know about.(y)