What's new

Two new cigar pics

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
jcgoldner said:
We know the cigar but what exactly is in the glass? Is that a white port?
Nope, that's a bit of Scapa 12-year-old single malt.

I haven't had a good white port in I don't know how long. I do enjoy the stuff.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Nice pics. I'm surprised you got the OpusX band off so cleanly. I always thought they used epoxy ...

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Brett,

That's a Great Shot!

I Love the second One, Best!

Now was that on Auto or did You set it up on manual?:)

Ya gotta love the Digital's for Crisp details! Very Nice!

Slack

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow. So many people saying so many nice things. Thank you all. One comment does have me feeling a little guilty, though.
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
love the smoke put out by the opus x.
Sorry, Guy...but not all is as it seems. You see, I don't smoke in the house so I set this still life up out in my studio...um...that would be the garage. Now, the OpusX did make a lot of nice smoke, but the air wasn't still enough to get the silky ribbon of rising smoke that I'd envisioned. So I cheated. I "photoshopped" it. It's gratifying to know that my airbrushing acheived the desired effect.

Allan — I've never been a professional photographer...just an enthusiastic amateur off and on since I bought my first SLR in '81. Looks like I'm back "on" again.

Tedski — Not that I've smoked a lot of OpusX's but this one came off more cleanly than any other. I did have to clean some paper and glue off of the print side, but this was the first one that hadn't peeled any of the print off.

Brian — I could have made this image using one or more auto modes but I used full manual since I was shooting many frames at various apertures and exposure values.