What's new

Uber $35/hr ?!?!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Have any of you brothers done, or known anyone that's used or worked for Uber? I just signed up to be a driver for them, heard they make like $35/hr. Just curious to see if anyone else had any experience with them.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Have any of you brothers done, or known anyone that's used or worked for Uber? I just signed up to be a driver for them, heard they make like $35/hr. Just curious to see if anyone else had any experience with them.
I LOVE using UBER. LOVE. Use it every day.
I talk to the drivers, they are generally happy as compared to your regular dispatch who supposedly play favorites with drivers. In NYC, uber has to bring these guys a ton of business especially in the outer boroughs where it's not as easy to grab a yellow cab. LOVE UBER... LOVE.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Had a friend who started with Uber and left very quickly. That is my only experience with them....I don't know why she left, but it might have had something to do with the Slate article published no too long ago.

I hope it works out for you! Good luck!

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I don't think they make that much or maybe they do. It may be $35 an hour but sometimes when you give 4 rides on one night and they last 15 minutes a piece it probably isn't much. My buddy works mostly at night because he says the bar hoppers tip well. I will ask him though how well it pays. If you could stay busy it probably be good.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Depends on the area I'm sure. For example, a lot of people are now using Uber as opposed to yellow cabs and other livery services in NYC.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I've spent some time doing Uber off and on over the last year. It's really hit or miss, but my average hourly NEVER got close to $35 an hour. On good nights (like New Year's Eve) I worked from 8pm-3am and netted just over $400 a regular weekend night comparatively with the same hours would usually be $100-$150 week days/weekday nights I was lucky to break $75in a 12 hour period. Really depends on your area, and the rates.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've spent some time doing Uber off and on over the last year. It's really hit or miss, but my average hourly NEVER got close to $35 an hour. On good nights (like New Year's Eve) I worked from 8pm-3am and netted just over $400 a regular weekend night comparatively with the same hours would usually be $100-$150 week days/weekday nights I was lucky to break $75in a 12 hour period. Really depends on your area, and the rates.
I've found out you really need to chase those Surges. Lol.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a co-worker that started doing the uber thing about a month back. He was saying that he averages about $14.50 an hour. I think it all depends on the market you're in. Most of his end up being airport runs for people in the area on business. Not a lot of locals use the service.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have a co-worker that started doing the uber thing about a month back. He was saying that he averages about $14.50 an hour. I think it all depends on the market you're in. Most of his end up being airport runs for people in the area on business. Not a lot of locals use the service.
There are events every day in downtown Dallas. Always something going on, and always have pricing surges. My goal is $800/month. Not bad for a few hours here and there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've wondered about the liability piece? Aren't you driving them in your privately owned vehicle? If so, don't think you will be covered by your auto insurance if you have someone hurt in an accident. I looked into doing airport runs a few years ago and my insurance guy (a family friend) made it very clear that without the correct policy (a VERY expensive policy), I would NOT be covered driving paying passengers with a regular auto policy here in Mass.

Seems like an awful lot of risk for a relatively small return. Maybe auto insurance works differently in other states?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've wondered about the liability piece? Aren't you driving them in your privately owned vehicle? If so, don't think you will be covered by your auto insurance if you have someone hurt in an accident. I looked into doing airport runs a few years ago and my insurance guy (a family friend) made it very clear that without the correct policy (a VERY expensive policy), I would NOT be covered driving paying passengers with a regular auto policy here in Mass.

Seems like an awful lot of risk for a relatively small return. Maybe auto insurance works differently in other states?
It's possible, but I had to give Uber a copy of my insurance. Also, I believe Uber would have some skin in the game if anything ever happened, since I am contracted by them. I have no idea of the legalities though.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It's possible, but I had to give Uber a copy of my insurance. Also, I believe Uber would have some skin in the game if anything ever happened, since I am contracted by them. I have no idea of the legalities though.
You're driving but have no idea about the above? Accidents can and do happen, should probably look into it if you are still driving.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Uber is a Risk people. ...understanding ALL of the risks associated with taking passengers from Point A to Point B has inherent risk if you are in an accident... If you don't own a home and no equity in anything else then your risk is low ..it's like driving your car with the lowest insurance policy... Bear in mind YOU pay for ALL GAS...MAINTENANCE and take a risk of who you pick up. It's all nice when things run ok....but one bad pick up...one fender bender with a Dick Customer and you are in Court with your Dick Lawyer shelling out money for the next few years. ..for $15 an hour. I'd rather go to Vegas where my odds look better. Too many "ifs " associated with Uber....remember there are costs YOU incur for each pickup. ..it's not all profit.

Last edited: