What's new

Ugly cigars

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Has anyone else experienced this: you avoid certain Habanos in your humi, just because they are so damn ugly, and when you finally smoke one, they end up tasting/burning great? Happens all the time to me, so much so, I keep the good looking ones to look at, ant the dogs to smoke LOL!
Seriously though, along with learning about the effects of age, another lesson I've learned is that the aesthetic appeal of a cigar has no real determination on taste.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some La Corona's from 1992 that were horrid looking. When I smoked them, they were indeed a nice smoking experience. Straight forward tobacco taste, very earthy and a good draw.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Yup, I know what you mean, not to a great extent, but enough to relate to what you're saying. I've smoked some that were so ugly, I smoked them when I was alone, just so people wouldn't feel sorry for me, and more times than not, they smoke perfectly. You know the old saying, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
How are they ugly? Maybe I'm just lucky and haven't seen any. I have one with a little green spot and one that has a little bulge/bump that looks like a construction error, but neither really looks ugly...

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always try to root out the uglies and burn them first, so the beauties can continue to age. I wonder if I'm doing this bass-ackwards? ;)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ahhhhhhhhh...gotcha. Have one with a slight split in the foot right now, but the only reason it hasn't been smoked is I just got it and it's resting! :lol:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh crap. What are you doing to me man!

Sound the alarm! Sound the alarm! Incoming bio-terror attack! Suspected Habanos-too-good-NCs-no-longer-cutting-the-mustard gas chemical warhead incoming!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
lol...I give my old man all of the ugly ones. He doesn't seem to mind "0)

mikes

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Have my share of smokes having splits at the foot, but I wouldn't put it in the "ugly" category just for that (mostly the result of shipping/handling). I probably wouldn't necessarily give/sell an "ugly" one away, but I sure don't have any problem smoking it (whether alone or in company).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of the ugliest Cuban cigars I've ever seen. Kris Rodriguez' (KRod, from Caribe/Tobacco Center) Mom was in Cuba, standing outside a factory in Havana. She doesn't know which. She was approached by a man that led her to a window and had he rpick the roller and had him roll 2 coronas.

I have one other that a friend brought me from Columbia that he calls Columbian Cohibas (with a big shit eating grin on his face). Now that is an ugly cigar. It has limbs in the wrapper :smt046

Barry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of the ugliest Cuban cigars I've ever seen. Kris Rodriguez' (KRod, from Caribe/Tobacco Center) Mom was in Cuba, standing outside a factory in Havana. She doesn't know which. She was approached by a man that led her to a window and had her pick the roller and had him roll 2 coronas.

I have one other that a friend brought me from Columbia that he calls Columbian Cohibas (with a big shit eating grin on his face). Now that is an ugly cigar. It has limbs in the wrapper :smt046

Barry