What's new

Ugly Cigars

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Have you ever got a box that looked so bad you wanted to return it only to smoke one and go WOW. I got a box of RyJ Beli's a couple years ago that looked like crap, pale wrinkled wrappers, sizes varying, bands looked off. I e-mailed the vendor and he said smoke a couple if you still don't want them I'll send you another box (an excellent vendor btw).

I'm smoking one now and they just keep getting better. I always grab the ugliest one in the box and am always impressed. I can't wait to get to the bottom row of better looking sticks.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've only ever had one full box, and since it was Perdomo Champagnes, they were lovely...

But i have had some ugly cigars.
You can't judge a cigar by it's band or it's wrapper, it's whats inside that counts. I've yet to find a lousy Habano, looks aside.

I do believe there is very little quality control in Cuba, compared to elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes some ugly cigars really are wonderful! Perhpas the best ugly cigar I ever smoked was a Monte #2 with a beat up wrapper that was wrinkle city. Well, it had a few years on it (probably it escaped smoking because it was so sad looking) and boy was it delicious. Don't get me wrong, I love a good looking cigar (and in some brands really do expect the cigars to have impecable wrappers and shape), but you really can't judge a cigar by its wrapper.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Some of the RA 898's I've recieved were kinda "ugly". But NEVER judge a cigar by it's appearance.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some of the RYJ Cazadores boxes I have from -97 were all hit by the ugly stick.. really ugly in fact considering that the cazadores are not really what I would call good looking even when they are perfect... and these are far from perfect but mmmmmm really good after a whisky too many!!!