What's new

Unboxing Day!

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

Well, my cigars finally came in from JR Cigars, and even though UPS dropped the ball (it wasn't JR Cigar's fault) and made my delivery 2 days late, everything seems to be intact!

I do have a question for you more experienced aficionados,
How long should these cigars rest before enjoying them???
Here are the facts:
1. The shipment left Florida on Thursday November 2nd and arrived on Friday November 9th. This means they were "on the move" for 8 days.
2. All cigars are individually packaged in cellophane. From what I am being told, cellophane is a wonderful form of protection!
3. Most of the cigars (JR Alternative Samplers) are sealed up in a ziplock bag AND had a Boveda 69% packet included!!!
4. Once the cigars are carefully packed in the humidor, my Boveda Sensor read 55%. After 30 minutes, the rh% was up to 61%. {Note: Before opening the humidor, the rh% was 67-68%}

So, what do you say???

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I''l try and cover the bases:
Generic answer: Two weeks.

Conservative generic answer: Two months.

Scientific answer: (RG/50) * 5 days for every 1% change you want to make.

Answer from guy with 6000 boxes of cigars: 4 years. Minimum.

Answer from someone with 3 cigars: Smoke them puppies.

Answer from CC snob: Mine are better.

My answer: came with 69% boveda and your humi is 67-68 anyway? Give them a week to account for higher temps during shipping. If you want one sooner, drybox for a day or two and light it.

:)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Do you have other sticks to smoke while these sit? If so let the new ones sit for a few weeks or more. If you bought these cause you needed something to smoke I would go with what @ApeSmokes said "
My answer: came with 69% boveda and your humi is 67-68 anyway? Give them a week to account for higher temps during shipping. If you want one sooner, drybox for a day or two and light it."

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
A couple weeks ago I received a box of cigars in the mail. I smoked one ROTT and it was so good, I smoked 5 more of them over the following week.

Point is, I wouldn't have known that they were so good if I hadn't smoked one. Maybe they'll be even better after they've acclimated, in which case I'll enjoy them even more. But I won't regret smoking 6 of them in the first week, because I enjoyed them when I smoked them, and that's what they're for. So, smoke one and decide if you think they're good or if they need rest. (y)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
A couple weeks ago I received a box of cigars in the mail. I smoked one ROTT and it was so good, I smoked 5 more of them over the following week.

Point is, I wouldn't have known that they were so good if I hadn't smoked one. Maybe they'll be even better after they've acclimated, in which case I'll enjoy them even more. But I won't regret smoking 6 of them in the first week, because I enjoyed them when I smoked them, and that's what they're for. So, smoke one and decide if you think they're good or if they need rest. (y)
This. Although most of the time I regret smoking ROTT, but whatever... You're getting back into this, so give it a go, and use it as a learning experience.

Enjoy the smokes. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the learning curve.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk