What's new

Undercrown maduro aging

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a box of undercrown corona viva Maduro on sale for like 130 with a sampler and cutter and tried one rott. No distinguishable flavored but earth and tobacco and bitterness. Not good at all. Is there any value to aging these cigars or are they just taking up needed space?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I did read them. I smoke mostly Cubans these days but have had a decent undercrown. Probably wet as hell rott from jr. My humi is mid 60s so I'll give it a couple months and try another.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Very generally speaking, a cigar's profile will "round out", meaning sharpness and stronger flavors will get somewhat subdued. All of this is of course based on your taste, preference. and especially palate, but in general terms the bitterness might retreat a bit.

So, I also say give them a few months and see what you think then.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Undercrowns are notorious for needing rest.... esp. maduros. ...(Natural Shade with the Connie wrapper are good after just 2 months ) The Maduros are really good with 6 months on them.... I don't smoke NCs with less than 3 months of sleep... they tend to smoke bitter and like Icehog said... let em acclimate to your humidor first.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I personally don't think rest will do them good. I have some aged 3-4 years in my humidor and it only loses flavor.
DE products have significantly gone down hill in flavor and quality since purchased by Swisher. Others may disagree but I've smoked a UF13 before and after and I think there's a noticeable difference. Just my opinion.