3   0   0
Vitola: Undercrown Shade by Drew Estates

Size: Robusto

Purchase location: Local Shop - House of Cigar, Sharonville, Oh

Cut: Punch

Food pairing: Mixed Nuts

Drink: Dr. Pepper

REVIEW:

This will be my first time smoking this cigar vitola.

Looking at this cigar initially I was intrigued by it’s bright, clean wrapper.

After the cut and toasting the foot, I must say I am very impressed with the first few draws on this. Usually I am fighting for flavor, especially with a lighter cigar. This Robusto is packing flavors right of the bat. I am noticing a smooth creamy sweetness right away.

First Third

Ash held on well until it fell all over my shirt. Not much difference in flavor profile. Still have creamy undertone with a nice tobacco flavor. The smoke volume has been good and does not take away from the experience.

Second Third

Starting to get away from the creaminess and getting a bit harsh. Have been letting it sit a min or two between puffs so not quite sure why the harshness is appearing. Smoke is staying cool to the mouth. Undertones of leather and spice have appeared.

Final Third & Final Thoughts

The burn on this has been nice and even. The blend has seemed to be pretty one dimensional. Nothing to write home about. Other that a bit of harshness in the middle it has been a pleasant smoke with some sweetness coming through towards the end. Maybe with some humidor time and age this will be a great cigar.

Final Rating:

4/10

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smoked a lot of these. Not sure dr pepper would be my first choice of beverage. They are not a complex cigar by any means. Coffee and maybe baileys is my go to with these in the morning. Thanks for the review!

Sent from Oscur

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Smoked a lot of these. Not sure dr pepper would be my first choice of beverage. They are not a complex cigar by any means. Coffee and maybe baileys is my go to with these in the morning. Thanks for the review!

Sent from Oscur
I definitely can see this as a morning cigar. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk