What's new

Unexpected passing leaves a ton of cigars - ideas?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother-in-law died recently and unexpectedly. He was a real cigar aficionado and has a huge collection. His son has taken 4 humidors full of cigars, but we are left with probably a thousand cigars in six humidors and a big Newair unit. He tended to buy unusual or new stuff and has mostly singletons or pairs.

Any ideas on what to do with them? We sent a bunch to Cigars for Warriors, but it would cost us a a fortune to ship them all. Is it likely someone would want to purchase the lot? Is there a place where such things are advertised? They are all well cared for.

Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother-in-law died recently and unexpectedly. He was a real cigar aficionado and has a huge collection. His son has taken 4 humidors full of cigars, but we are left with probably a thousand cigars in six humidors and a big Newair unit. He tended to buy unusual or new stuff and has mostly singletons or pairs.

Any ideas on what to do with them? We sent a bunch to Cigars for Warriors, but it would cost us a a fortune to ship them all. Is it likely someone would want to purchase the lot? Is there a place where such things are advertised? They are all well cared for.

Thanks!
Photo as example.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's difficult to sell a bunch of singles or pairs on-line. Not only would you have to list their brand and vitola you'll have to ship them. If you can't find someone locally to purchase them your best bet might be to take a bunch of good pictures, post them and try to do a single batch sale. If you don't have the experience to estimate their value your deceased BIL's son who took a bunch of them may have to step up and give you a hand.

This Donate – Cigars For Warriors is also a great option if you're not that concerned about trying to make a couple of bucks

There are always people looking for used cigar coolers so some type of local digital ad may be helpful

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I would also caution anyone reading this not to reach out to the OP asking to buy.

This is one of the most common ways people get scammed on the internet.

I'm not accusing the OP of anything, but we have rules about who can post in the marketplace for a reason. A lot of forums don't even allow this sort of post, as a proactive step to prevent people from being scammed.

So, you've been warned.

Growley Monster

Proud Creator of the Imperfecto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you want to get rid of them? Only 1000? That's only about a three year supply. Try to smoke the oldest ones first, if you can figure it out, but most well kept cigars will smoke just fine up to 6 or 7 years old and are smokable if slightly degraded maybe, when considerably older.