What's new

Unknown Isom Review

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
So this Isom was a bodyguard sent in a trade that I made with a fellow BOTL back in October.

So he had been gifted the cigar and was told it was a good ISOM blah blah blah.

So here goes. -- Review for Dbugmans contest --

Stick look a little beat up as its been in and out of my humi a few time w no cello and who knows how many stops prior to landing on my step.

So the wrapper is very smooth, minimal veins and you cannot see the seams.
Looking at the foot it appears that there are quite a few thick stems rolled into this one.

So I clip the end and fire it up. Upon the 1st few puffs the wrapper & binder split fairly well at the foot about a hald inch down. Rather than fight it, I pulled out the cutter and clipped about 1/2 inch off the end.

I relit and wondered if this was a good move or not.
I was notified after the first few puffs as this thing was a DOG ROCKET.
I smoked about and inch or so and had to toss it.

I came home and my wife looked at me and said, What have you been smoking it smells like an old burnt ashtray.

So it appears that the Good ISOM my buddy sent me wasnt good.
Not all his fault as he thought he was passing a good cigar onto me, so I dont hold it against him.

Problem is, I dont know what kind of cigar it was to avoid or seek it out to redeem itself, so there goes.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
From the description, it sounds like it might have been a fake. One general bit of advice, not directed at the brother who sent you the cigar, but for everyone: if you're not positive of the provenance of a cigar, don't send it on to someone else. This isn't just to avoid propagating fakes. Counterfeit cigars are a lot more likely to be carrying nasty stuff like beetles, and a fake CC can put a brother's entire humidor at risk.