What's new

Unrest-Nicaragua

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Most of the protesting is regional isn't it? I doubt it will cause producers to stop selling and distributing tobacco.

But then again i could care less about the tobacco, id rather see the country figure out its issues sooner than later.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most of the protesting is regional isn't it? I doubt it will cause producers to stop selling and distributing tobacco.

But then again i could care less about the tobacco, id rather see the country figure out its issues sooner than later.
We all would like to see a peaceful resolution to the unrest. The highway from Estelle to the airport has been blocked on occasion.

The question is not one of political nature but of buying leaf on concern it could become scarce.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
From what I've heard around the lounge, production is still going strong, with new stuff steadily coming out, but some shipments have suffered delays. Some long, some short, but they've all made it out.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Any chance of me doing the DE Cigar Safari or the Blanco tour are on indefinite hold. Wife was concerned about me going before the headlines, if I went now I'd probably come home to an empty house! My concern it that there are only so many ways to get the tobacco and cigars to the market and I would think that would be the weak link if the rebels wished to disrupt the economy.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
With the trouble brewing in Nicaragua, are you planning on buying some extra Nicaraguan leaf?
It's a thought but I have more leaf than I can justify already. It's just all so good right now! The T13 viso, the mata fina, the Cibao Valley varieties, the corojos (are the Nicaraguan ?), the piloto cubano seco,ligero, and volado....but so far none of these are Nicaraguan so even if I were to order more, it would be Dominican or Brazilian most likely.