What's new

unusual food preferences?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I love Uzura w/ Tobiko(Quail egg w/ flying fish roe). Seems like most people shy away from it, but I could be wrong.

Did anybody else eat dog biscuits when you were a kid? I ate them almost every day.:LOL:

I love salmon skin too. Especially when its fried.

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I love Uzura w/ Tobiko(Quail egg w/ flying fish roe). Seems like most people shy away from it, but I could be wrong.

Did anybody else eat dog biscuits when you were a kid? I ate them almost every day.:LOL:

I love salmon skin too. Especially when its fried.
Great minds think alike. Milk Bones weren't horrible as I recall.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Speaking of pickled, I have a huge pickled garlic addiction.
That is legit delicious. Lately I've been doing a lot of pickled red onions with my bbq. Cuts through the fattiness.

Let's see....oh I frigging LOVE SPAM. And deviled ham. Spam is particularly delicious when you dry rub it and put it in the smoker.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Mexican workers that pick crabmeat at the plant by the camp take them out of the bayou and throw them on the BBQ pit, whole, No cleaning, no cutting, nuthing. The gar blows up to about double it's original size, When the steam starts escaping from the anal vent it's done.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Mexican workers that pick crabmeat at the plant by the camp take them out of the bayou and throw them on the BBQ pit, whole, No cleaning, no cutting, nuthing. The gar blows up to about double it's original size, When the steam starts escaping from the anal vent it's done.
Damn. That's hardcore. I thought my preparation was rustic when I just threw some Chachere's on the filets and put it in a tortilla.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I though this would be a thread about maybe mayo on hotdogs or ketchup on scrambled eggs. I should have know with all the southern people on site.
So I guess this is a safe place to tell y'all that next on my list of culinary to-do's is getting ahold of a cow head to cook authentic style in a dug pit.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
pretty sure you can tell the sexes apart by looking at the anal fins and they should only have eggs in the spring. I never tried it but I have seen it being done and just didn't look that appetizing.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
pretty sure you can tell the sexes apart by looking at the anal fins and they should only have eggs in the spring. I never tried it but I have seen it being done and just didn't look that appetizing.
I mean...you gotta at least gut it! I could see it maybe working with some mesquite and a rub but jeez! How's the smoke supposed to do its work if it's whole? Hell, maybe it's delicious and I just have no idea.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That tough skin acts like a Steamer bag. They pulled chunks out of the back and tail, ate it as it came out of the shell. There again .....didn't try it but my friend that runs the plant says that the people that eat seem to enjoy it.