What's new

UPDATE: The Premium Cigar Industry is Suing the FDA & How You Can Help

Famous Smoke

Retailer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
***** PLEASE READ *****

UPDATE: The Premium Cigar Industry is Suing the FDA & How You Can Help

As I’m sure you’ve already heard, hundreds of cigar brands could be forced off the market due to the high cost of compliance with the new FDA rules that will go into effect August 8th, 2016.

On Friday, July 15, 2016, three major cigar industry associations, The Cigar Association of America, International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association, and the Cigar Rights of America, have filed suit against the Food and Drug Administration’s recent "Deeming Rule" on premium handmade imported cigars from being implemented.

The three cigar associations are asking the District Court for the District of Columbia for a declaratory injunction to "vacate, set aside and enjoin the enforcement of the final rule" because it violates numerous federal statutes as well as the federal rulemaking process.

This challenge asserts nine violations of federal law and rulemaking authority.

Read the full details at: https://www.famous-smoke.com/smokers-rights

Famous Smoke Shop as well as a few other retailers and manufacturers are backing the lawsuit from these cigar associations aby making sure that the funding to fight is available. It is by no means a small legal battle, and trust me, it ain’t cheap!

I’m not here to ask you to sign a petition or anything, we trust that these large industry associations and their lawyers’ efforts will be effective, but you need to know that you can join the cause in a way that you are sure to enjoy.

YOU can help NOW by simply supporting retailers and manufacturers that are actively involved in this legal and legislative process. When you buy cigars, make sure that you are buying from a company that is putting that money from your order into fighting the new FDA regulations.

The high cost of FDA compliance could mean the end of new cigar samplers as well as the death of boutique brands and limited edition releases. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to make sure you’ve got all of your favorite cigars in your stash now, especially if your order is directly supporting the lawsuit against the new FDA rules.

Save the leaf, stay smokey, and please spread the word!