What's new

"Upgrading" my early rolled cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picks apart my first rolled cigars with my own grown tobacco and put on a new binder and wrapper. I remember that the filler was too moist at the beginning .. and it is still after 3-4 months. Seems it should have leveled out in RH, but they have not done that. Well, they'll lie and wipe for a while.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea! I've got like 10 sticks I'd like to re-wrap because the draw is just much too tight, they wouldn't have been good smokes but it's good tobacco.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea! I've got like 10 sticks I'd like to re-wrap because the draw is just much too tight, they wouldn't have been good smokes but it's good tobacco.
I keep a crochet hook in my herfador to deal with cigars that are too tight. More of my commercial sticks than home rolls have suffered from this malady. Need to actually remove tobacco, not just use a smooth implement to compress a tunnel that will close up when the tobacco takes up moisture and swells. Often you can use your fingers to detect a tight spot (try the head first) . YMMV.
More of my commercial sticks than home rolls have suffered from that malady

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I keep a crochet hook in my herfador to deal with cigars that are too tight. More of my commercial sticks than home rolls have suffered from this malady. Need to actually remove tobacco, not just use a smooth implement to compress a tunnel that will close up when the tobacco takes up moisture and swells. Often you can use your fingers to detect a tight spot (try the head first) . YMMV.
Specially them Cubans.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Brilliant! I have never had much luck opening tight cigars and I am not prepared to buy one of those expensive tools that are made for that, so the crochet hook is a brilliant idea. I went out to Walmart and bought one. Now I just have to wait until I find a tight draw. Thanks.