What's new

USA Today 2nd amendment rights poll. Please vote

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry guys I didn't realize that this was an old outdated poll that you could vote in multiple times. Your right it is useless. I'm not sure why USA Today didn't discontinue it? I recieved this info from my Uncle and passed it on to you guys. As I knew you would stand up for our 2nd amendment rights.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read that according to the Brady center ( an organization promoting gun control) Obama in his first two years signed more bills REPEALING gun restrictive laws than GW Bush did during his entire two terms.

so much for jumping to conclusions.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just read that according to the Brady center ( an organization promoting gun control) Obama in his first two years signed more bills REPEALING gun restrictive laws than GW Bush did during his entire two terms.

That's because congress was majority democrat when Obama took office. democrats tend to be more anti-2nd amendment( i know its not all the time). so naturally more bills were put in motion during this time. However, the republicans were the majority during Bush's time, which is why he didn't have to repeal as many.
Im all for the second amendment. Its all about checks and balances...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0

Linky please. I found it and sorry, I forgot to copy the dang link. It's a report from the Brady center. Kind of funny, on one hand you would expect him to tout that kind of thing on one hand to get those in the middle who are pro-gun, but on the other hand he can't tout it too loud as obviously there are tons on the Left who would be very angry about this.

And really, not surprising as the Dems learned their lesson after the Clinton years, at least for a little while.

Last edited:

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0

Can't just do the old Dems are anti and Republicans are pro-gun anymore. Giffords is pro RKBA and gets shot in the head. Luger is Republican and immediately calls for a new assault weapon ban. And GWB stated on more than one occasion that he would sign any assault weapon ban that came across his desk.

President Obama would ban all guns in a heartbeat if he could. It's all about getting the power and then keeping it. A second term for him and Dems regaining control in the House would see a renewed call for lots of "reasonable controls" such as no face to face sales, no mags over 10 rounds, mandatory trigger locks, etc.