What's new

Van Halen

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Heh. Good question. I saw the Rolling Stones at Fenway back in '05 and the black eyed peas opened for them. I was equally confused.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Probably because they won't be able to fill any of the arena's they're playing with whats left of their fans. G1

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
First release from their new album - tattoo. Man totally awful!! Sticking with Sammy and the foot! G1

MiamiCigarCompany

MCC Barry
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the Van Halen album is an instant classic, but lets face it Van Halen is no longer an arena sell out. So it has to be marketed as a throwback type of show. It's more oa show for the 40 year old couple looking for a trip down memory lane then a rock show.

Back to the new CD, when I through it on I had to do a check to see if it was the new release a couple of times. DLR sound like he did back on Diver Down, and there are some great tracks that would fit on any of the old releases.

It's funny when bands like Metallica made the black album everyone cried that they sold out. When you get a band like Van Halen make a record exactly like their old stuff people bitch and moan too.

We are an unhappy society.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Van Halen's first album was awesome. I actually saw them warm up for Black Sabbath pre-first album and then, they had the drive. Then when the second album came out, good but nothing unique. Then women and children first, even more of the "its VH, decent but nothing original". Then came Fair Warning which for a change had some energy to it. Diver down then came and again, a little of a let down. The big sell out was 1984 with jump and etc. Thats when I said enough and stopped following the band. Then came 5150 which was IMO, the best album next to the first album without the drunkard DLR on stage. Best VH show/tour to date. The new album is not terrible but nothing to cheer about and I'm not wasting my $ to go see an attempt of the band to re-create the magic which is just not possible and ...wolvie on bass....that seals the deal of me not wasting my $. I saw Chickenfoot on their first tour and lets just say with the talent that they have, they put VH to shame.

They'll do well on this tour but true VH fans will know that there never will be the original VH. Put it to rest boys. Don't do a Madonna super bowl attempt.