What's new

Vector Table Lighter Question

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in the market for a Table Lighter. Something with at least a triple torch flame, I already have an amazing soft flame lighter (Xikar EX). The decision for a torch is for the outside Herfs with large groups. Requirements: Durable, a closing lid, LIFETIME WARRANTY, triple/quad flame. I saw the Xikar Allume and I'm not a fan of the design. I feel if I'm gonna spend around $100 I should like the way it looks at least, and I just don't. Plus there's no lid, which is a deal killer. I'm gonna be travelling mostly with the lighter so the lid is more of a precaution.

I've seen the Vector Viking (links below) and was very impressed. It fits all my needs and comes with the elusive Lifetime Warranty. Does anyone have this lighter and can offer direction? What worries me is that Bryan Glynn reviewed this lighter which I believe was a gift to him by Lighters Direct (his initials appear on it). He hardly used it and ended up giving it away in a contest. He uses his Prometheus mainly which I also love, but am scared as it comes with only a two year warranty. (one of the reasons I stopped buying anything from Colibri, had some bad luck after warranty ended).

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Vector+Viking+Table+Lighters.2253/Viking+Black+Crackle.20936.html

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I just picked up the vector from Amazon. I got it in prime for 45. It looks and works great. I even came with a full tank. I choose this lighter because I have a buddy who has had one for years. It always lights and only needs to be refilled about ince a year.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just picked up the vector from Amazon. I got it in prime for 45. It looks and works great. I even came with a full tank. I choose this lighter because I have a buddy who has had one for years. It always lights and only needs to be refilled about ince a year.
Awesome thanks good to know they make a quality product, was it the Viking model?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I've always been a fan of the Xikar Table Top lighters. We use em at events and they are very reliable. Hold a ton of fuel and adjust easily.

Oh, and WTF??? 12 mins to review a lighter?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've always been a fan of the Xikar Table Top lighters. We use em at events and they are very reliable. Hold a ton of fuel and adjust easily.

Oh, and WTF??? 12 mins to review a lighter?
Thanks, I happen to like BG's reviews, I find them very informative and cool. I know he can overdue it sometimes but I think its just because he enjoys his hobby.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was the Vector Thundra Desktop Lighter.
Awesome, I like the triple more than the quad (which I personally think is one burner to many). I'll consider the thundra as well, thank you

Does it have a fuel window or any tools on the bottom like the Viking?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is no fuel window.
Damn was hoping there would be something, that's disappointing. I guess with a lighter that size its not required. My Xikar EX doesn't have one and I manage, so I won't rule it out just yet as I like the Triple more than the quad. I still like the Viking model but dislike those tools on the bottom that prevents a nice flush placement. I suppose I can have them removed also.