What's new

Vegas Resturants

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm heading to Vegas in April for my 10th aniversary with my wife. We are Vegas regulars but are always looking for great new places to eat. We'll be staying at the Mirage this trip. I think we're going to see O so were thinking of checking out Prime at the Bellagio that night as well. We ussually try and get a couple great dinners in when we're in town. Does anyone have any great dining experinces or can't miss spots in Vegas they'd like to share?

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I was blown away two years in a row at MESA in Caesar's right by the sports book.

The ribeye I had this year with a chipotle glaze and red&green pepper sauce was top three steaks of my life. Someone I was with also had the steak and agreed. Other guy had the tuna and said it was the best dish he's ever had. And the brussel sprouts side.....I'm hungry now

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was blown away two years in a row at MESA in Caesar's right by the sports book.

The ribeye I had this year with a chipotle glaze and red&green pepper sauce was top three steaks of my life. Someone I was with also had the steak and agreed. Other guy had the tuna and said it was the best dish he's ever had. And the brussel sprouts side.....I'm hungry now
I'll say +1 on Mesa Grill. It is owned by one of the top chefs, Bobby Flay. Everything is always fresh and prepared perfectly! $$$

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are into steaks & chops, I'll add a very much over looked steak house by visitors, the Steak House at Circus Circus, #1 rated steak house in the country many times over the years. $$$$

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My bros and I had a great steak at the Delmonico Steakhouse during my bachelor party weekend. Classic steakhouse experience.

Lotus of Siam is on my personal must try list. If you enjoy Thai food.

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Best meal I had in my life was in Chinatown (take a cab) at Raku Grill. (http://www.raku-grill.com/) Have their Omakase - you'll have no idea what you'll get but it will be fresh, perfectly prepared, and wonderful. Granted, if either of you two are a "meat and potatoes only" kind of person, you may not like it. If the idea of eating pork cheeks gets you gastronomically hot and bothered (it does it to me) then you can't miss it. Also, not the cheapest but a helluva lot less than Prime.

For a less expensive but amazing Thai meal, check out Lotus of Siam. Probably my favorite Vegas restaurant. Again, it's off strip so you will need a cab ride. But, if you don't drink, the two of you can walk out with full stomachs for under $40 total. We go there on every trip to Vegas.

Holstein's in The Cosmo has amazing but overpriced burgers. Worth doing one, though.

If you have a car, go to Hush Puppy (http://www.thehushpuppy.com/) - nowhere near the strip but the all you can eat catfish is really good and it's really inexpensive.

Finally, if you want an excellent steak dinner that's worth the price (although it's not cheap), Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queens is fantastic. I ordered a martini and it was brought to the table in a silver shaker and, instead of pouring it all into a huge glass that loses its chill and lets the drink get too warm, they bring a proper sized martini glass, fill that, and leave the rest in the shaker, which is placed in an ice bucket.

As you can tell, lots and lots of options for steak - so if you're willing to let an experienced Japanese chef choose what you're eating, I would go to Raku Grill before anywhere else.