What's new

Vegas Robaina Famosos - MAY 11

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Here's my review of this gorgeous stick....

Construction : Cigar has a great reddish/brown wrapper, very nice roll and excellent draw. Prelight draw has earthy/cedar notes with hints of cinnamon and raisin

First Third : Starts out with a blast of cedar and undertones of milky coffe. Some 'new' leather as I like to call it. It isn't that worn mild leather smell... its like a new sofa type of leather. The aroma is very reminiscent of cinnamon graham crackers. About halfway into the first third I got an interesting fruity note which I narrowed down to being pomegranate, which was the first time I have ever tasted this in a cigar. That was followed up by a distinct orange zest flavor. Overall this third is sweet and cedar with a hint of fruit.

Second Third : The draw loosened a little as the second third opened. There is a distinct dark cherry flavor mixed with some dark dark chocolate. This was pretty prevalent throughout the rest of this third. One of the things I noticed about this cigar was that it didn't make me salivate at all, but rather made my mouth fairly dry which is unusual for me. I had to drink water just to keep my palate ready.

Final Third : Continues with the cedar/earth and dryness. Some more dark cocoa. Not much spice at all showed up in this cigar. More dried fruit notes (cherry, etc..). And near the end of this cigar I got a really unique aroma and taste of spearmint, which I've only got in one other cigar, the Tatuaje Boris.

Overall this cigar is a 91 with the potential for 92-94 with another year or two of age.

For those of you who are fans of Partagas, this is a must try. As far as earthiness is concerned they are very very similar, but instead of having that Partagas spice, they have a prominent cocoa/dark fruit sweetness that nicely compliments the earthiness.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that Robainas are the cuban cigars who needs the most time of aging!

My 2 Boxes one from 06 and one from 08 are now going to get so how VR`s should taste.

Let them age for another 2-3 years and you will notice its a different cigar and delivers an great taste!

Greetings from Germany

Rating - 100%
74   0   0

My 2 Boxes one from 06 and one from 08 are now going to get so how VR`s should taste.

Let them age for another 2-3 years and you will notice its a different cigar and delivers an great taste!

Greetings from Germany
Thanks for the tip

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Greetings from Germany
Yup....smoked a '10 tonight, and think they definitely need more time.