What's new

Vegas Robaina Jubilaums-Edition

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks to the generosity of one of our fellow BOTL, I was able to experience this cigar!!

Make: Vegas Robaina
Vitola: Canonazo(?)-A little longer than a Siglo 6
Size: 52RGx 6inches
Smoke time: 1hr 30 min-I'm a slow smoker
Construction: Excellent- even throughout, mild box press, solid cap
Wrapper: Light brown, very few, small veins, slightly oily
Burn: somewhat even, had to relight a few times due to my slow smoking
Ash: light grey, heavy

Smoking experience:

Upon lighting: Where's the flavor? Started out with a very mild tobacco flavor.
1/4 in: Cigar starts to warm up. Hints of cinnamon. Slight pepper. Sweet
tobacco
Halfway: Flavors Galore!!! Cinnamon, nutmeg, slight pepper, licorice. YUMMY!!!
3/4 in: Flavors intensify. I tasted milk chocolate and coffee.The cigar went out and I accidentally toked on it. Wow!! that even tasted good!! I nubbed the cigar!!!

Overall Impression:

This cigar was very good. If I were to compare it to the regular production VR line, this would be best described as a well aged VR Famoso on steroids. It was very smooth, no ammonia smell, not too spicy, no harshness. This was a mild to medium bodied cigar and full flavored. If you enjoy strong, in your face cigars, this one is not for you. OTOH, those who prefer the opposite will truly enjoy it. :smt023 :smt023 :smt007

Thanks for reading. :smt033

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow this cigar sounds awesome Dean!!! Thank for the review!!!

Are these available or are they like the farm rolled, where mortals like me can't get them?

Ironman

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
ok, now I'm confused. is the jubilaum robaina the same as the 5th avenue edition? or are we using different names when speaking about the same monster? :smt102

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
ok, now I'm confused. is the jubilaum robaina the same as the 5th avenue edition? or are we using different names when speaking about the same monster? :smt102

It's the same cigar. This cigar was commisioned by the 5th Avenue LCDH in Germany to commemorate their 15th anniversary. And yes, this cigar is a Monster!!! :twisted:

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Nice review Smokozuna! I tasted similar nuances in the one I smoked at the Cool River Herf in Austin. I liked how the cigar tasted so much I bought 2 more boxes. This ones gonna be a classic down the road due to the limited production and great taste ,imo

Heres a few pix I snapped off of the box and cigars:

Attachments

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
jckposter said:
glad to here they are good because Im not open my boxes..
Good Luck!!! I'm looking forward to stashing a box too, if i can resist smoking them. :smt025

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Mikes said:
Nice review Smokozuna! I tasted similar nuances in the one I smoked at the Cool River Herf in Austin. I liked how the cigar tasted so much I bought 2 more boxes. This ones gonna be a classic down the road due to the limited production and great taste ,imo

Heres a few pix I snapped off of the box and cigars:

Damn with them pics Mike your making it harder for me to resist ordering a couple more!! [-X

ehdg

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I got one from Mark at the Herf of all Herfs and I really liked it.

Ironman

vewyphishy

Smoking fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review. Sounds delicious. Makes me want to kick myself all over again for missing out on the GB.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Timing is everything. DaveC gave me one at the holiday herf and I just got around to smoking it on Saturday afteroon and was going to write a review.

Yours is better.

The general comment I would make on this cigar is it is well balanced ... between mild tobacco and twang.

Twang being further defined as light tobacco and mild spices... none of the flavors are bold or harsh or overpowering. A good balance.

The mild spices turn into some creamy bean flavors near the end. I suggested seven year aged moroccan vanilla but DaveC pointed out it was more of a tahitian vanilla... and Dave does know his vaniila.

This made the cigar tasty to the nub.