What's new

Vegas Robainos Clasico

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This box under review has the box code HGS May 00. The appearance and construction are nearly flawless. The cigar has this slightly rough touch that I love. This might be the classiest looking cigar that I have smoked. That plain R emblem on that coffee colored cigar is terrific. The cigars have a near perfect burn and draw. The taste is unreal. I haven't ever smoked a cigar this good. This was the first aged cigar that made me really excited. Have you ever smoked a cigar that made you realize your search wasn't in vain? I smoked cuban after cuban never really finding the cigar I was looking for. My search ended with this cigar. The overwhelming themes of coffee, allspice, cream, nut with hints of cedar offered me the most pleasurable smoking experience I have ever enjoyed. This cigar is a must try.

Da Klugs

Fluffmeister
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Vr's rock.

Classico is a crazy cigar. Best one I've had is an 03. Must be luck of the box. 97's and 98's are pretty good as well. :drool:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Very nice review. Sounds like these are a must try. I have some famosos, unicos and a DA sitting in the humi, sounds like I need to have some of these in there as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the years to look for as well.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I am rarely "stunned" by a Habano at my age, but I must confess; this was a stunning cigar. I recently had the opportunity to try one with this box code and it is truly exceptional. I cannot add anything to Doc's review, but if you get a chance to try one of these, take it. I have always been a fan of the aged R&G Lonsdale, but this can easily take its place. This rates among the very best of smokes.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I had the opportunity to smoke one from 1998, tonight. I cannot add anything to my comments or Shawn's review, except to say that it was every bit the equal of the other samples. For a Lonsdale, this is very tough to beat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the clasico the best of this line?...or how would you compare the other sizes to the flavor profile of the clasico?

stick

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vr's rock.

Classico is a crazy cigar. Best one I've had is an 03. Must be luck of the box. 97's and 98's are pretty good as well. :drool:

So you are saying that if you were to buy more of these you would opt for the 03 again over the others?

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Is the clasico the best of this line?...or how would you compare the other sizes to the flavor profile of the clasico?

stick
I think so. I have smoked a lot of Clasicos, Familiares and Unicos, along with a handful of Famosos. Interestingly enough, I have never had a Don Alejandro. I have found that too many of the Familiares are plugged; young and old alike, which gives me pause for future purchases, even though their taste is superb. The Unicos are very good. The Famosos did not really do it for me. The Clasico is just a wonderful smoke; rich, complex and very aromatic. I have never had a problem with plugging, although occasionally I have run into a stick that is a bit "tight".

I also happen to really like the RG Lonsdale when well aged, but I think the Clasico edges it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also happen to really like the RG Lonsdale when well aged, but I think the Clasico edges it.

Glad to hear you say that because I just received a box of 05's and I got a box of 02's on the way