What's new

Ventura Cigars Project 805 (Toro)

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Project 805 Toro
I’m pairing this with a gin and tonic. Probably not something a cigar would pair well with but I felt like drinking one :)

Construction:
· After the first half inch, burn and draw were again perfect.
· No ash on my pants! …yet
· First ash fell off around 2 inch mark
· Both this and the Psycho Seven earlier have been damn near flawless construction-wise

Flavors
· The first inch really did nothing for me, it was just a kind of dry and light pepper on the palate, nothing else. Kinda just tastes like cardboard
· At the 1.5 inch mark it starts to have some sweetness and a bit of cream, hopefully it keeps down this path
· The sweetness and cream flavors are sticking around but really mild.
· At near the halfway point, the smoke off the foot takes a turn too and becomes very light and sweet
· The sweetness ramps up at the halfway point and it lingers on the palate nicely. This is where I wish the cigar was a little earlier.
· This middle 3 inches has ramped up to be quite nice, a nuttiness comes along with some unique almost baking like spices
· By the final third, things sadly go downhill. The flavors begin to dissipate and that blandness returns, bummer

Overall this one wasn't for me. It was slow to build up and actually become an enjoyable stick for a little bit. I had hopes it would continue and keep getting better but things sadly dropped off. Construction wise both the Ventura sticks I've had were essentially perfectly made.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Mine was pretty good, but I let it die out during the final third, as it started getting bitter on me.. Good construction, and the flavor profile has been one of the most unique I've had so far!
I'll def be giving this another try.. interested to see how it turns out with another couple months rest... :cigar: