What's new

Ventura Project 805 Reveiw

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Here's my review of a the Ventura Project 805. Ill admit that I didn't not buy this cigar for the review and was bombed this stick about 3 months ago. I completely forgot about it until I saw the contest and the band got me thinking that I had one of these.

So after a little digging around and searching I found this fella and threw it in the travel humi for this weeks travels.

20170305_125815.jpg

20170305_125852.jpg

First thoughts...In all honesty the band is terrible looking. I would pretty much guarantee that I pass right on by this cigar while browsing the local B&M. I'm not trying to be harsh, but honest. Giving a sugar coated review does nothing for the manufacturer or the end consumer. Either you are striving to make a better product everyday or you get lost in the noise of someone who is. The double cap is a little sloppy and rigid, but really isn't negatively affecting the stick.

My only concern is the very soft pockets on the foot. The pre draw was wide open, with really no resistance. The first half had a pretty loose pocket running down the side and I knew I would be chasing it right off the bat.
20170305_130026.jpg

Now the one thing that stuck with me during this cigar, was how great and smooth it was right after toasting the foot. Really light pepper and salted caramel. Dry cedar and a very light roast coffee. My favorite part....No leather! I have nothing against the leather aspects that a lot of cigars have, but right off the bat without the leather was nice. I'm digging this blend and so far its surpassing my initial pre judgements.
20170305_130916.jpg

And there it goes running from away from me and quickly tell myself to pull over and correct it. Its snowing and it hovering around 30 degrees, I'm driving about 45mph and cant stop thinking about the NCAA MM bracket. I'm having to remind myself that I'm smoking this cigar in the name of science...Turned the radio down and paying attention.
20170305_131615.jpg

And now it starts running faster then Forrest Gump on meth. I'm not pulling over again. Gonna power thru it and just see how this plays out. Cedar is starts fading away and oak really comes on strong. Still has the light, smooth pepper and I'm getting a really light chocolate.

Seriously I like the blend and its one of those smokes that would be great with a cup of coffee in the morning. The construction is really killing it for me. I was really looking forward to the second half to hit to see if it would correct itself.

I had to take a call for a minute or 2 and when I hung up it was DOA on me...
20170305_134548.jpg

Overall...Great blend and flavors. Construction killed it for me and was in dire need being packed evenly with tobacco. I want a band that is elegant and doesn't make me search for who manufactured it.

Again, not meaning to come off negative with this stick. I really would like to snag another one just to make sure that the construction was a fluke.

Last edited:

Ventura Cigar

Retailer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for participating and sharing! It definitely sounds like this cigar was a fluke with the issues you called out. We appreciate the feedback on the band and packaging as well.
Let us know when you try some of our other cigars and what your thoughts are on those too.