What's new

Vineyards

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
We have a great one up here in Cleveland. John Christ winery has some great wine. I went there once with my boss and a coworker and had a great time. A bond fire, couple bottles of chardonnay, and a SLR Churchill made the night terrific.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
FPDoc77 said:
We have a great one up here in Cleveland. John Christ winery has some great wine. I went there once with my boss and a coworker and had a great time. A bond fire, couple bottles of chardonnay, and a SLR Churchill made the night terrific.
That sounds awesome!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Caudio, that night made me realize the importance of ambience on the taste of a cigar. That SLR smoked terrific that night. My boss enjoying his first habano was truely awesome. It's harder and harder for me to smoke a cigar just sitting by the PC at night. They just taste so much better with friends.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
FPDoc77 said:
Caudio, that night made me realize the importance of ambience on the taste of a cigar. That SLR smoked terrific that night. My boss enjoying his first habano was truely awesome. It's harder and harder for me to smoke a cigar just sitting by the PC at night. They just taste so much better with friends.
Absolutely. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
tripp said:
I have a friend of mine that has a winery here close by.
But since he is in a dry county, he cant sell it to drink there.
Tripp that was the weirdest thing about traveling down there. All these places to make alcohol but the counties are dry.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Minor threadjack here...

Since your place that you are moving to has alcohol. was that a factor in choosing it?

Would you move to a place that did not have it? What would be the pros and cons to you?

I post on a local message board as well and am in a debate about this issue.
Just want an opinion from someone moving in.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That dry county crap makes no sense to me from what I understand. Can you fill me in on the details.

So you can't sell alcohol in a particular county? What purpose does this serve?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
tripp said:
Minor threadjack here...

Since your place that you are moving to has alcohol. was that a factor in choosing it?

Would you move to a place that did not have it? What would be the pros and cons to you?

I post on a local message board as well and am in a debate about this issue.
Just want an opinion from someone moving in.
Great question. I like my wine/beer and moving into a moist county was interesting. You have to understand Cleveland is mainly Catholic. They sell alcohol in K-Mart. They sell beer at local sub shops. Danville, doesn't sell alcohol in stores so that was an issue. They do let you have 2 beers before you have to buy food in a restaurant. Did it play a factor in my move...nah. I am used to going to sports bars to get my fix of the Steelers and beer. I will just have to get the NFL package and buy in bulk in Lexington. It was a minor problem for me. I respectfully disagree with legislating alcohol but hey that's their home. They have the right to do with it as they please.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
FPDoc77 said:
Amen to that!!!
It is so much more enjoyable sharing a drink and a smoke with friends!
It's like sex...it's OK alone, but much better when you share it with someone!:hysterica

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
smokem94 said:
Amen to that!!!
It is so much more enjoyable sharing a drink and a smoke with friends!
It's like sex...it's OK alone, but much better when you share it with someone!:hysterica
Sometimes the drinks turn into sex! :clap: