What's new

Vintage pedestal ashtray.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So I love these things, and have been on the lookout for one for years. My buddy's wife is a reseller of antiques, and came across this little beauty... so stoked, I just had to share. Anyone else have one?

I'm looking for one just like this one!!! I know there's some out there somewhere! I just have to really look. And estate pipes I'm on the prowl for too!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
So I love these things, and have been on the lookout for one for years. My buddy's wife is a reseller of antiques, and came across this little beauty... so stoked, I just had to share. Anyone else have one?

Way cool...I remember this style of ashtray being in public places back in the day. If I recall, the movie theater, the bank and maybe even at the County Courthouse had them. Push down on the top and the ashes fall down below into the receptacle. Take your hand off it and the silver plate springs back into place, hiding the ashes. I always thought that was pretty awesome when I was a kid. Haven't seen one like that in many years.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Way cool...I remember this style of ashtray being in public places back in the day. If I recall, the movie theater, the bank and maybe even at the County Courthouse had them. Push down on the top and the ashes fall down below into the receptacle. Take your hand off it and the silver plate springs back into place, hiding the ashes. I always thought that was pretty awesome when I was a kid. Haven't seen one like that in many years.
I was born 30 years too late! I would love my job even more if I could smoke at my desk

Hehe, you and me, Brother.

View attachment 60163

Sorry to smash your thread, OP. That is a nice ash tray. I haven't seen one like that since I was a kid. Probably at the mall or barber shop.
I call mine ode to Stanley cup!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to find one of these for the porch. I remember both the dumpster versions and the spinner versions. I'm no hipster (at 64) but these things are very cool.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A couple I saw in an antique shop.

I have one on the deck. I let rain water freeze in it and bust the glass ashtray. Now I have to figure out something different or look for a replacement glass piece. If I think of it I'll shoot a pic tomorrow in the daylight.