What's new

Vinyl records

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just got my record player up and working. Been cranking lots of the old man's records. Nothing like vinyl imo. Gotta go out and hunt some more down, glad to see modern bands are putting there music on vinyl as well again.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
To me, some of the best music to listen to on vinyl is old jazz and blues, along with the crooners from back in the day. My vinyl collection has Prima, Sinatra, Martin, Duke, The Bird, Dizzy, and that kinda stuff.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I love vinyl as well. I've heard a lot of hard copy album sales are now in vinyl because you at least get cool cover art and can frame it. I have Technics 1200 turntables and Shure needles to protect my babies.
I still love hitting record stores like Cheap Thrills in San Luis Obispo and Tower or Rasputins when I get into the city but they are becoming more and more rare. You can get a lot of the new vinyl at Best Buy which is cool.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
ahh man. i miss my 12s. i had mk5s with a vestax 07. i love records. the cracks and pops. that dull warm hiss. love the feel of em as you're scratching.

miss going to buy records too.

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGBcI8AoQk"]Vinyl Pusher - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

damn can't find the original scene.

I love vinyl as well. I've heard a lot of hard copy album sales are now in vinyl because you at least get cool cover art and can frame it. I have Technics 1200 turntables and Shure needles to protect my babies.
I still love hitting record stores like Cheap Thrills in San Luis Obispo and Tower or Rasputins when I get into the city but they are becoming more and more rare. You can get a lot of the new vinyl at Best Buy which is cool.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
still think dj craze is the best battle dj.

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nbJfSLxy1U"]DJ Craze - DMC Finals 1999 - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hilarious clip!
I recommend to anyone who likes vinyl to get at least one 1200, get some decent needles, use the tone arm lifter when playing your records.
Adjust the weight of the arm and you'll never scratch your wax. If you are all about your records it's a small investment!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
vajra is pretty sick too. just look at all his hand work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt54OfoQv_A"]Dj Vajra - YouTube[/ame]

Hilarious clip!
I recommend to anyone who likes vinyl to get at least one 1200, get some decent needles, use the tone arm lifter when playing your records.
Adjust the weight of the arm and you'll never scratch your wax. If you are all about your records it's a small investment!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I still play my records from the 60s & 70s. Much warmer sound than the crispyness of CDs. If you handle records properly & change your needle regularly, records will last a lifetime.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home

Every year in April (I don't know when this was started) records are released to independent record stores. The records are produced in small quantities. Last year I purchased The Foo Fighters Medium Rare. I framed the album and have it hanging on my wall. I wanted to get Nirvana's album Hormoaning but my local record store didn't get any. The cd was originally only released in Japan and Australia.

Last year I also purchased Nirvana's Nevermind 20th anny edition on vinyl. Only 1,991 were made. 1991 was the year Nevermind was released. I am getting it framed to put on my wall.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Had an AR-XB turntable with an Ortofon GT cartridge back in the '70s. The best vinyl out there was the RCA artists, I believe the records contained the highest percentage of virgin vinyl reproducing the best range, Ziggy Stardust kicked ass on my system!

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Pssst.

You guys are showing your age :).

Next you'll be talking about 8 track players.

Don't worry, I'm that old too.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
8 tracks are the worst. They had a bad habit of splitting long songs into two parts. Ziggy Stardust still sounds great on my original 1972 record. Crank up Moonage Daydream.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
8 tracks are the worst. They had a bad habit of splitting long songs into two parts. Ziggy Stardust still sounds great on my original 1972 record. Crank up Moonage Daydream.
8 track also had major head alignment problems causing track crossover issues, you could almost always hear another track playing when there was a dead spot between songs.

Yeah, mentioned Ziggy. RCA vinyl kicked ass.