What's new

(*&^%$#@! Vista

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
So I'm guessing that Microsoft Office XP isn't compatible with Vista? Damn new laptop has a trial version of Office 2007, so I went to install my Office XP and it won't work as there's compatibility issues. Anybody got any fixes? This is truly bumming me out.:help: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vista here too..... The Basic Edition.

Seems all my "Trial" software isn't working...... Figures!:cursing:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I'm guessing that Microsoft Office XP isn't compatible with Vista? Damn new laptop has a trial version of Office 2007, so I went to install my Office XP and it won't work as there's compatibility issues. Anybody got any fixes? This is truly bumming me out.:help: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Thats not true. Im not saying you didn t get that message, but that can't be the reason. I have run Vista with office XP on several machines.
Likley there is a nother cause going on.
If you want to PM me, we can try setting up a remote help session, and I can try to check your machine, but no promises.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 and not had any troubles myself...

Make sure you uninstall, reboot, then try to install the new Office.

-BR

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I have Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 and not had any troubles myself...

Make sure you uninstall, reboot, then try to install the new Office.

-BR
Uninstall Office 2007 or the Office XP I installed? Admittingly I've not used the 2007 yet, but it looks so much different...I'd just like to use the version I'm comfortable with.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Uninstall both Office versions then reinstall the one you want. Not sure about Office XP and Vista, but 2003 should work fine. I might know someone who can hook you up... :wink:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here's another solution, ditch the waste of memory Vista and go back to Windows XP. Personally, Vista isn't stable enough yet for me to consider. I'd rather spend my time relearning Ubuntu or another Linux distro than deal with Vista.