What's new

VR Familiares

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I break open a beautiful box of 1999 VR familiares and I am dumbfounded by that beautiful cubanesgue odor. The habanos paper had to be peeled off the cigars with many of the oils glued to the paper. The box smelled like farm and I love it. I love that raw cuban smell out of an aged CC box. By the way, the VR IMHO are the classiest looking cigar on the market.

I light this baby up...and it burns even straight out of the box...and no I didn't wait. No veins to speak of and smooth and dark. This was obviously someones treasure. Someone enjoyed rolling this cigar. The burn, the chocolate wrapper, the perfect label the whole thing just made this cigar a perfect smoke.

I light her up and get big puffs of quality aged smoke and chocolate. The smoke does settle down some into an extremely complex smoke. I tasted themes of allspice, a little grassy, a touch of vanilla, and the smoke was creamy smooth. This smoke was unreal and made my top 3. If you get a chance to get a box you would be a fool not to.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Very nice review 'Doc. These always seem more medium bodied to me than the Unicos and Famosos.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nice review and you gotta just love VR smokes. It's a good line and quality tastey smokes all of them.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Great review! I haven't tried these yet. Gotta put them on my must try list.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an 05 box on my last trip and have to say it is one of the few recent productions that I've smoked that have been fantastic. Great cigar and not much talked about.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Great review! I haven't tried these yet. Gotta put them on my must try list.
Senior moment. Fox sent me a couple of these vintage babies to try. Gotta start writing this stuff down.