What's new

Walkin Humidor..

J

jckposter

I need info on building one any links are help would be nice....Im thinking of converting a 10X12 room in my house...And can I smoke in it...

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
jckposter said:
I need info on building one any links are help would be nice....Im thinking of converting a 10X12 room in my house...And can I smoke in it...
Here's one link I found

Ironman

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Excellent!

This is something i would love to do when i get a home. Document the process with some pics.

(sorry i'm no help here)

Good Luck!

:)

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You are a dangerous man with cabinet humidors, I can't imagine what it will be like when you have a walkin! :smt022

By the way i read that article over, good information, except the price of Spanish Cedar. If you pay more than about $3.50 a board foot (rough) you are being robbed.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Eh, can't help much... Just let me know when its done and i will be the first there to smoke with ya.... But for real That is something i one day hope to do as well...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jerry...looks like you have a room with enough space to hold your cigars :mrgreen: I guess you will really need to make some choices....if you want to smoke in the humidor, you're going to need some serious exhaust fans, this will also be taking the humidity out of the room....I'm not sure that you want residual smoke in you cigars your storing...If you do want to smoke in the room you might want to consider seperating the space...maybe build your walk-in at 3' x 10' at one end with a 6' glass door in the center...you might also think about about a separate HVAC system for that room...then lining the smaller room with solid spanish cedar, Ron and Matt can proably help you setup a himidification sytem for a room that small..... Then that would leave you with a 9' x 10' for your smoking room....I guess we all have problems :???: don't know if any of this is a help or more problems...this my goal also when I build that new house...no it's a must....Bman

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If you have a 10X12 room and build a cabinet humidor that lines it (like a big 3.5 wall book case) with sliding glass doors on the front then you should be able to smoke in the room no problem. The smoke is out of your humi and the room is very functional as a smoking room. Just a thought but this way you don't have to convert the room into a complete humidor and still use pretty much all your wall space for storage.You could have a ventilation system in the room as well and it won't affect the humidity levels of your humi either. It's what they do it at the cigar shop up at 2 guys that I frequent. Works great....just my opinion. :smt025

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I know a guy who would love to build all of your custom cabinets to line all of your walls. ;-)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Keep us posted on your progress Jerry, I'll be curious to see how it all ends up. As to smoking in the walk-in, I would imagine that would be a huge no-no.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Jerry: When do we start?? I have always wanted to do this but have had many concerns regarding the humidity's impact on the house and potential for mold growth which could create health issues. But, I would love to help you.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Damn bro I'm trying to figure out who to get an Avallo and not have the Mrs. get uptight over it :smt079 and your looking at building a walkin humidor in your house! This guy is in a while different league if you ask me!!

ehdg

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Wife has better Idea I just got out of the horse Business. She said turn the barn into a sports room with a walk in Humi....I think she wants me to move out there....LOL because if my cigars were out there I wouldnt need to come in the house except to sleep....Im thinking 12x24 room with 4x12 humi...Big screen and they can have the house.... :smt046

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Alabama in July!?!!? holy sauna batman!!!! I like the idea of the barn though. If you are going to do that definately make sure you have a herf at some point so we can all come by and admire what could be a hell of a project!!!:smt025

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Pulse said:
Alabama in July!?!!? holy sauna batman!!!! I like the idea of the barn though. If you are going to do that definately make sure you have a herf at some point so we can all come by and admire what could be a hell of a project!!!:smt025

Maybe A 12x12 Humi use the other 36X40 for a party room its all open....LOL

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
jckposter said:
Wife has better Idea I just got out of the horse Business. She said turn the barn into a sports room with a walk in Humi....I think she wants me to move out there....LOL because if my cigars were out there I wouldnt need to come in the house except to sleep....Im thinking 12x24 room with 4x12 humi...Big screen and they can have the house.... :smt046
You outta marry that woman!! Well you already took care of that one. Can you have her speak to my wife!! :smt043