What's new

Warped Cigars : El Oso PaPa

Rating - 100%
74   0   0

Warped Cigars - El Oso - PaPa
6 x 48 Torpedo
$12.50

Construction: solid as always. Everything from El Titan is spot on. This was rolled by Jose who used to roll P2s for the Partagas factory in Havana. Perfect torpedo.

Draw: spot on.

Wrapper is a little veiny and slightly mottled. Reddish tint. Colorado Madruo for sure.

Blend:
Wrapper - Ecuador Habano Oscuro
Filler - Nicaraguan/Dominican
Binder- Ecuadorian

1st Third: Spicier than the samples I previously had from this blend. Flavors right now are vanilla custard, dark red fruits (cherry, plum), dry cedar and clove. Hints of dark chocolate and the occasional blast of habanero.

2nd Third: Spice is almost gone. Flavors are consistent. Stewed fruit (RASS?) and dry cedar. Starting to take on an H.Upmann Mag 46 characteristic (Sorry, I smoke a lot of Habanos, so that is what I can relate to)… really rich tobacco with lots of cherry and some baking spices. For the past 6 puffs it has been consistently a Mag46 with a torpedo cap lol… this is nice. Starting to pick up some cashew on the finish.

Final third: very similar to the 2nd, but sweet. the fruit is more pronounced and the spice is fading. Final inch or so is very interesting… reminiscent of naturally processed Ethiopian coffee… fruity and slightly acidic but still pleasant. Dark cocoa as well. Syrupy sweetness.

Final thoughts: Excellent cigar. Started out a bit stronger than I expected(medium/full), but ended up being medium in the 2nd/final thirds. If I had to relate this cigar to others on the market it would be the lovechild of the MK Ultra and H.Upmann Mag46. Lots of fruity sweetness (cherry, plum) with some great baking spices. Some random flavors appear throughout and there is a pretty big distinction between the 1st third and the rest of the cigar; it definitely kept me on my toes.

91/100

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Now I want to try these bad!

Great review. THank you

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
These are fantastic smokes based on my extremely limited experience of smoking one sample. Can't wait. Kyle is killing it and it will be a pretty limited release. Don't sleep!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have to try these. I too am fairly used to Cubans I get overseas but warped is located 10 minutes from me in South FL. Gonna have to stop by and check these out.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I may have to try these. I too am fairly used to Cubans I get overseas but warped is located 10 minutes from me in South FL. Gonna have to stop by and check these out.
If you are a Habanos guy, check out La Colmena and Flor Del Valle... they will be right up your alley.
Thank you. That is what I wanted to know!