What's new

Warped Flor Del Valle (pre-release blend) and Warped/Relentless Golden Monkey coffee review.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/HIrrh

Got a nice package in the mail today from Kyle at Warped Cigars. He sent over some coffee from their collaboration with Relentless Coffee Roasters in Miami and a Pre-release special blend of Flor Del Valle. The coffee is called "Golden Monkey" and it a naturally processed, Pacamera varietal from Nicaragua. The coffee is excellent. I am a huge fan of naturally processed Ethiopians and I wasn't sure of what to expect from this coffee as I haven't had a naturally processed coffee that wasn't from Africa. This didn't let me down. When I first got the coffee in the mail I immediately ate a bean and could already tell how fruity it was going to be. After I ground it, you could smell the dried fruit all over the aroma and during the bloom it was just exploding with fruity phenols. The cup is moderately bright with a central core of candied sweetness and lots of fruit coming in and out. I got notes of red apple, red grapes and nice background of tart blueberries. Overall... this coffee is excellent. Can't wait to get some more of it.

Now for the cigar...

This is a blend I've had before, but last time I had it was in a larger vitola. This measures in at 5.5 x 44 and will most likely not be the final release size. I can't disclose the blend, but it is obviously a modified version of FdV. The cigar starts off like a slightly subdued FdV with a little bit more body. Still getting the standard fruitiness but with some additional strength and woodiness. As the cigar picks up, the (now) classic FdV flavors come to the forefront and are greeted by an additional citrus note. The first time I tasted this in the cigar it distinctly reminded me of the aroma of making orange jello on the stove. The cigar progresses as I expected and ends on a high note; a good bit of fruit with the same mineral note I get from the FdV. This is a great blend in my book and will intrigue anyone who loves the FdV line. I'm excited to see what everyone thinks of it when they get a chance to try it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the FdV range now and look forward to any tweaks. Also very interested in the Black Honey project.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Fdv is a fantastic cigar if you're saying they added citrus and more body...I'm in