What's new

Washington Capitals NHL Champions

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Was tired of all the non capitals dedicated threads so decided to start a new one.

What a fantastic victory! I am still in shock, the 26 year DC sports curse has been lifted. Great for the city, great for the team, great for the fans and great for OVI.

Just an awesome awesome team that overcame a lot of trials and tribulations to get where they are.

GO CAPS!!!!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I can't believe I missed this game, someone came into the shop, and said "not watching the hockey game" All the tv's were off, and was just conversing with the regulars, and didn't even think it was THE game, ugh......I saw the news this morning......Very happy for the Caps, and congrats to Vegas going all the way.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
That woulda got a rap in the mush from me. And a quick exit, Mick. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes the tvs are off, and no one notices, that evening everyone was actually talking to one another and not even looking at their phones, it was the 90's, very odd. However if I knew it was THAT game, I would have been watching like it was 2018.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was in high school when the Redskins won the SB in 83'. I even got to march in the parade with the school marching band. It was a fantastic experience. The next two SB wins were awesome.
However, I've never seen this town as jacked up as it is right now.
I shed a tear when Ovie lifted Lord Stanley. I know I wasn't the only one.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@icehog3 I believe we had a bet prior to the series! Let's get this all settled.
Remind me what I owe you and I will get on this. Laid up with a broken leg I had surgery on a week ago today, but hopefully I can get someone to take me to the PO or take a package for me later in the week. Congrats!

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Remind me what I owe you and I will get on this. Laid up with a broken leg I had surgery on a week ago today, but hopefully I can get someone to take me to the PO or take a package for me later in the week. Congrats!

Take your time. I believe this is what we decided on in the other thread:

Let’s do a premium fiver losers choice. Ccs ncs whatever the loser decides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Sucks that they couldn't come to a deal for Barry - I really liked him, but he's going to want big time money. I'm thinking they gotta pay for Carlson to stay and most likely will need to restructure Ovi's deal this year or next, so money is probably a bit tighter than they would like.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Sucks that they couldn't come to a deal for Barry - I really liked him, but he's going to want big time money. I'm thinking they gotta pay for Carlson to stay and most likely will need to restructure Ovi's deal this year or next, so money is probably a bit tighter than they would like.[/QUOTE]
Coach doesn't count against the cap, so I'm not sure that's it. I heard the Caps wanted to exercise the two year extension in his contract for the same money. Barry wants a 5 year deal, and like you said, big money.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Coach doesn't count against the cap, so I'm not sure that's it. I heard the Caps wanted to exercise the two year extension in his contract for the same money. Barry wants a 5 year deal, and like you said, big money.
Regardless of the Cap, They probably just don't want to pay the man a ton of money. He will get a bunch for sure.

I think they just need to focus on keeping the players and they bring in a good (enough) coach we could see this team back again next year.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Regardless of the Cap, They probably just don't want to pay the man a ton of money. He will get a bunch for sure.

I think they just need to focus on keeping the players and they bring in a good (enough) coach we could see this team back again next year.
They definitely have the talent to make another run next year if they keep their core, and a few of the 3rd and 4th lines who were huge, like Eller and Smith-Pelley.