What's new

Washington DC

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I am headed to DC next weekend. I will be with some casual smokers and some non smokers so I don't know if I will actually be able to smoke, but As we walk around I would love to know of any great B&M's I could run into and pick up a few smokes.

Are there any must stop shops?
Also I am trying to convince some of the guys to watch the UFC fight. Does anyone know of any cigar lounges playing the fight?

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I just moved out of DC but here's a few places from memory.

B&M's:
If you're in Georgetown, then head to Georgetown tobacco. Paul Garmirian (PG cigars) is from the area so they'll have a bunch of his stuff there.
Otherwise, Curtis Draper is one of the best in DC proper. They have a few seats so you can light up there. They also have a JR Cigar's in DC if you feel the urge to visit it.

Cigar Lounge:
That's easy...really only one left in DC and that's Shelly's Backroom. You can buy cigars there as well. Don't count on them having the fight on much less turning up the volume. They're strict about the place not being a sports bar.

Ozio is more of a nightclub atmosphere at night but they do have a cigar lounge inside.
But I'll let you in on a very cool spot to lounge and enjoy a cigar till the wee hours of the evening...it's a happening late night spot so dress accordingly. There's a place called Eden and their rooftop bar is a great place to have a smoke and a drink if it's not too hot out that evening. Check it out, it's at 1716 I St. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Thanks alot for the Info. We are still working out the plans but I definitely want to check some of these places out.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Second recommendation for Shelly's. On F, just off 14th. Food decent, fairly comfortable and I'd think the non-smokers would like it just fine. Bartender a bit anal, but really a good guy. They have small selection of overpriced cigars, but they don't mind at all if you BYO. I get up there a couple times a month; usually Sunday evenings.
I like the Old Virginia shops, but haven't been in the 2 closest to the District. If you're staying south, I recommend dropping in. Each one I've been in has been friendly and reasonably priced; most have a lounge or smoking area.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Definately go to Drapers. Great guys, great selection, all msrp. Dont' bother with JR's. take that extra hour that you'll take to walk there and back to relax with a smoke at Drapers. Tell em Tak sent ya ;) I'm sure they'll give you some stuff because I haven't had a chance to get in there recently lol. Then you can walk over to Shellys which is basically a block away and enjoy the bacon blue cheeseburger!

If you're in Georgetown, you can check out Georgetown tobacco as well. I just hate all the congestion and lack of parking etc in Georgetown. If you're in VA, OVTC is good but VA's tobacco taxes are a bit higher than DC. G1

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If for some reason you have to be in Bethesda, stop by Bethesda Tobacco. They've got a large lounge with in door and out door seating and a good selection of cigars.

The regulars there are good people.