What's new

Wedding Cigar Recommendations

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Howdy fellas,

My wedding is scheduled for April of next year and the venue has a "cigar bar". The cigars are to be provided by me, and I'm curious to see what y'all think might be some good options for a larger group of fellas. Im gonna need to get around 50 sticks or so without breaking the bank. I was thinking about just getting a cab of illusione epernays, or maybe rothchildes for a smaller, cheaper option, but I'm interested in what you guys think. Any suggestions?

-Tripp

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Do not get large cigars, there really won't be much time for people to sit out for an hour or more. Smaller sticks would be best.

I brought cigars for my wedding and didn't get an opportunity to even smoke until after the entire reception.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah thats what I was thinking with the illusione rothchildes, thats like a 45 min smoke.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
The Fuente flor fina 8-5-8’s are my go-to when handing out to non cigar smokers. Won’t break that bank but are tasty enough to be enjoyed by smokers and not too much for those who don’t.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd recommend a selection of cigars. I would think a Connie wrapper or even an infused cigar for non-smokers. Then maybe a reliable brand like a Oliva V in a smaller vitola or even the Padron lonsdales. More experienced smokers will probably bring their own smokes anyway.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The Fuente flor fina 8-5-8’s are my go-to when handing out to non cigar smokers. Won’t break that bank but are tasty enough to be enjoyed by smokers and not too much for those who don’t.
Excellent suggestion, that way you won't feel bad when 75% of people snuff them out after 10 minutes. If you have any groomsmen or close friends that are BOTLs, you could always bring a couple premium cigars specifically for them.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Excellent suggestion, that way you won't feel bad when 75% of people snuff them out after 10 minutes. If you have any groomsmen or close friends that are BOTLs, you could always bring a couple premium cigars specifically for them.
That's what I've done. I bought boxes of don Rafael for like $30 and aged them a couple years, hand those out to non smokers at BBQs and such , then good cigars for people who will actually appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Buy some mixed 5ers on CBid - mix it up a little, and give people variety!

You can get some pretty decent smokes on CBid in a variety of sizes, having a few infused wouldn’t be a bad idea, and definitely “smaller” smokes.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Its important to remember that most people don't smoke and anything too strong will make newbs turn green. At the core of it all, it's your wedding and the focus should be on that, so you don't want to be giving out a cigar tutorial to 20 some odd guys about the strength of sticks or the difference between differing offerings, so just offer one cigar.

While I totally get keeping a moochador for nonsmoking friends to hand out crap at a backyard BBQ I think you step up the game a bit for your own wedding. I'd recommend getting a couple boxes or a cab of CC's. Most are light enough so as to not make new smokers quesy, while having the panache to impress seasoned cigar smokers as well. Most people won't be in a rush to throw out a Cuban because is a unique experience for them even if they are first time smokers. In the $5 range I'd recommend BPC, PLPC or Party Shorts. For a slighter cheaper selection in the $4 or less range you could go with Partagas Mille Fleurs or HUHC.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All great suggestions thus far, I appreciate it!! I agree on not trying to spend too much on guys who won’t appreciate the stick, but like Master Shake said I’d like to do something nice since it’s my wedding. I’m leaning towards a cab of party shorts right now since most people would love the fact that they’re smoking a “cuban cigar”, and it’s small enough to where everyone would most likely finish, or get close. Then a few larger cigars for the guys who will stick around and appreciate it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Party Shorts are definitely the way to go. Cheap enough, since a wedding is expensive enough already. Big enough to be a "real" cigar for non-smokers. Small enough to keep the time commitment in check. A legit, popular, quality CC for those who know. A 50-cab will be good; just make sure you designate someone to move them back to the humidor at the end of the night, since they probably won't all go.

My whole reception was a blur and whirlwind of activity. I had thought while planning that cigars would be fun, but looking back I'm glad I didn't. It was awesome, but I can't imagine taking enough time to enjoy a cigar.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I never really planned on having cigars at the wedding but since the venue has the “cigar bar”, I gotta produce. I think the party shorts will be perfect to get the job done. Plus, I’m gonna be using the excuse of getting married to smoke all my best stuff the week before and after the wedding haha