What's new

Were you or are you a cigarette smoker ?

Do you or have you smoked cigarettes?

• I never smoked cigarettes regularly

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • I used to but now I only smoke cigars.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I smoke both cigarettes and cigars

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was never interested in cigarettes. I have enjoyed cigars since I was a teenager. They were always "cool". I only ever smoked a few per year. I'm 55 years old now and have began taking cigars seriously for the past few years. I'm curious about other people's road to cigars.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I smoked Cigarettes since I was 12 and finally quite when I was 28, and I to am like you enjoyed a Cigar 2-3 times a year with my uncle when he was in town,,, but lately getting into actually setting down and really tasting a good cigar picking out flavors/spice I can taste and like/don't like. Finding it more enjoyable

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've smoked cigarettes since I was 14, got into pipes about 4 years ago, got into cigar around 2 years ago. Now that I actually know what good tobacco tastes like I really don't like smoking cigarettes anymore, but I am addicted. If I could kick the cigs and just a cigar or my pipe once or twice a day I would be so happy but I always seem to make excuses for myself, time being a huge one. My work and home life have been pretty stressful over the past year or so and don't want to add one more stressful thing to my plate. <<<excuse!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I've smoked cigarettes since I was 14, got into pipes about 4 years ago, got into cigar around 2 years ago. Now that I actually know what good tobacco tastes like I really don't like smoking cigarettes anymore, but I am addicted. If I could kick the cigs and just a cigar or my pipe once or twice a day I would be so happy but I always seem to make excuses for myself, time being a huge one. My work and home life have been pretty stressful over the past year or so and don't want to add one more stressful thing to my plate. <<<excuse!
Have you tried an e cig?

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Have you tried an e cig?
No, I haven't but I've thought about it. My only issue with that is that I don't want to trade one addiction for another. Even if it is a slightly healthier alternative.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Started smoking cigarettes when I was 16 and quit on Super Bowl Sunday a year ago. I used the blue cig to quit and haven't looked back. It's hard when my entire family smokes, but I did it. They say I didn't actually quit smoking because I smoke cigars.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I smoked cigs from 16 to 30 been quit for a couple years. got into cigars the last two. I still feen for cigs when I've been drinking or after I eat or after I take a Shit or seeing somebody spark a fresh one but it goes away shortly after. one of the HARDEST but ultimately best things I done.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Smoked since I was 17 now 39. I've tried e-cigs and it just didn't cut it. I've quit for three years once but missed it and went back. I'm down from 2 packs a day to just about 3/4 pack.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was only a cigarette smoker socially until I discovered cigars a few years ago. I made the switch to cigars instead!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I started smoking cigarettes when I was 15 and quit smoking them in 2002 when I was 30. Started smoking cigars about 1.5 years ago and absolutely love it. I only smoke about 1 cigar a week but it helps me to slow down being my work is stressful. My wife hates me smoking cigars but can't please everyone. :) everyone enjoy the day!!!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was never a smoker except for the normal you know a cigarette now and then when you were way to hammered and then regretting it the next morning.

I started cigars I was 16 and anytime I could get my hand on one I was so down.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
smoked a pack a day from 15 to 25 years of age. Quitting sucked, but was so worth it. Smoke 4 to 8 cigars a week, depending on the weather.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Smoked cigarettes for a long while... Younger than I care to admit though I've had periods of abstinence. Quit this last time about a year or two ago. I was smoking American Spirits, Nat Sherman, or my own blends that I made myself using various kinds of cigarette and pipe tobacco. Grew out of the typical camels or marlboros long ago. The only time I smoke a cigarette now is when I'm getting tattooed, and that's because breaks aren't long enough for a cigar. I don't really like them, but it's part of the ritual if that makes sense.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
cigs from when i was sixteen. pipe and cigars when i turned 18 (although the pipe, i never figured out until a year ago). somewhere between '02 and '04 i switched to hand rolling nonfilters (mostly stuff like peter stokkebye and drum and the like), and slowly came to the realization, as i smoked less NFs than i did filters, that i really REALLY liked tobacco, but cigs were not a flavor vehicle, and were more a hindrance than a help. so, f#@k it.

i still think i have nicotine dependence issues, and will dip at work from time to time, but my body wants the drug, and my heart wants the smoke. try to save it for a good cigar, or a pipe, and actually enjoy myself.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with the occasional cigar last year at 41. Never been interested in cigs though. Probably because growing up, my Father smoked cigs in our home like a chimney.