What's new

Wet PCs?

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OK, so my cab of Boli PCs came in last week. They've been resting for ~5 days since they got here and I smoked the first two days after getting them. It was delicious, but the draw was really tight. It is now three days since then and I cut another one to smoke tonight and it also had a very tight draw. I put it back in the humi to sit it out, assuming it's still overhumidified, and ended up smoking a JR Ultimate, lol. My humidity is always 63-65%. Should I let em rest for a while longer, or are there that many plugged PCs out there?! I've never ordered habanos before, so all this is new to me. All the ones I've got have been nothing short of perfect, but I don't know how long the people who had them before me have been storing them, too.

These are from the isle of cyprus, btw.

Thanks,

~Eric

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
let 'em sit for as long as you possibly can. wet/damp cigars suck.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'd let them sit for atleast a month to let them stabilize in your environment. The vendor in question usually ships pretty wet.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yep, they are alomst always very humidified when shipped from there. You may even notice the RH in the 'dor increasing because of it. The longer they 'rest' the better, I know it's difficult to do though.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Dry box, dry box, dry box!
Picked up an identicle cab with another brother and mine were the same way. Keep one of the boxes of 25 out for 2 days and then put them back in the dor. This way, what you'll be smoking now will be closer to the right RH quicker and the ones you'll get to after a while will have enough time to settle in your humidor before you smoke through to them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard not to be impatient when smokes come in but I always drop them in the Tupperware at 65% with the lid of the box open for a couple of weeks.

Hard to do when it's your only box of Habanos. Good things come to those who wait!!