What's new

Wet Shavers - How Many of You Have a Dedicated Bowl

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Instead of continuing to jack other people's threads, here is a new one: how many of you have a dedicated shaving bowl or scuttle?

I'm finding some nice ones but having a bit of trouble committing to $30+ just for a bowl to whip up lather in.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i have five. one that came in the cheap-ass wally world set, and four i bought for a buck a pop on disco. i have four soap bar/pucks going right now, and the original starter is used for creams or anything in a tube (proraso), that doesn't have a dedicated bowl of it's own.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I have a collection as well, from mugs that came with starter sets to classic Old Spice mugs from the 50s/60s (ebay). My folks got me a nice hand made one for xmas one year. So, like anything else, the collection grows and grows.....

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have two bowls, one was gifted with the starter kit and the second is that same brand but had a handle knob on it. I haven't put the pucks in the bowls but I am thinking I just might.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I don't have anything dedicated but there are a few that I have been eye'ing
On the one hand, I think it's odd to buy a bowl specifically for lathering up (or, at least, spending $30 on). On the other hand, if it's a hobby, why skimp on on it?
That's the boat I'm in and why I haven't pulled the trigger yet :D

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Most of time I use a straight razor, I have 6 and a shavette, so I switch it up. I also use a pure badger brush in the shower straight out of the shaving soap bowl, so I don't need an independent bowl. Get some of the closest shaves, but really easy to knick yourself too. I also have a merkur safety razor I use when I'm in a hurry.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I use a cream and create the lather on my face. Haven't used a soap that requires a bowl yet.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Used a mug for a bit but that was only because I was trying some samples of shaving soap at the time and needed something to hold them. I keep my pucks in wooden soap holders and only use those to make the lather. Haven't had a problem yet.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Most of time I use a straight razor, I have 6 and a shavette, so I switch it up. I also use a pure badger brush in the shower straight out of the shaving soap bowl, so I don't need an independent bowl. Get some of the closest shaves, but really easy to knick yourself too. I also have a merkur safety razor I use when I'm in a hurry.
Yup took a little chunk out of my chin this morning since I was daydreaming instead of paying attention. Oh well good thing chicks dig scars :)