What's new

Wet Shaving Video

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I'm sure many of us are fans of the Art of Manliness http://www.artofmanliness.com/ If your not a fan yet, you are in for a treat.

They just did a cool video on wet shaving that I got a kick out of: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/04/26/how-to-shave-like-your-grandpa-an-instructional-film-video/

And the original article: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/01/04/how-to-shave-like-your-grandpa/

I've been wet shaving for a couple of years now (and thrown a few wet shaving bombs :eyebrow:) and I'll never go back.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Tim,

TravelingJ got me on to the wet shaving scene around Christmas this last year, and I dont regret any second of it. Absolutely love it, and still wake up excited about shaving. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of money ive already saved... I bought the Murker 180 DE shaver, Murker platinum, and Feather blades, Nothing but Proraso on the preshave, creme, and aftershave. And still have plenty of supplies to make it through the year before having to replenish.

Thanks for the video man, I liked it. Better than some others ive seen out there. Glad to know of another brother on the same kick!

Thanks for sharing,
-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice, thanks for the video. I have just recently picked up wet shaving, I'm still getting the hang of it but with time......and a few bloody faces later I will become a shaving guru.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
I shave with a Safety Razor. I use to dread shaving, just always seemed like a nuisance. After I started shaving with the Safety Razor, its fun and I look forward to it. Amazing how much closer of a shave you get and its so much more cost effective it is.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think this is the only way to go. Back when I shaved I used a straight edge takes some time and effort to get used to it but no better feeling than a nice smooth shave.

The only issue is if you have a fixed blade razor it can get time consuming since we seem to be always on the move these days. I suppose it serves as a good change of pace from the day to day hustle.

Rating - 98%
85   1   0
I think this is the only way to go. Back when I shaved I used a straight edge takes some time and effort to get used to it but no better feeling than a nice smooth shave.

The only issue is if you have a fixed blade razor it can get time consuming since we seem to be always on the move these days. I suppose it serves as a good change of pace from the day to day hustle.
I could not agree more. I use a straight razor on my days off when I have time to enjoy a hot shave. Days I work I use my de safety razor. Still a great close shave. On days I am hungover, well... I use a mach 3. So I don't cut myself. Shameful, I know.

I find the best improvement to my shaving experinces has been through a high quality brush and Truffit and Hill shave cream. Skin food does wonders after a shave as well.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

I could not agree more. I use a straight razor on my days off when I have time to enjoy a hot shave. Days I work I use my de safety razor. Still a great close shave. On days I am hungover, well... I use a mach 3. So I don't cut myself. Shameful, I know.

I find the best improvement to my shaving experinces has been through a high quality brush and Truffit and Hill shave cream. Skin food does wonders after a shave as well.
We don't get a lot of shaving supplies here unless you want Body Shop products so my shaving was mostly mid shower. I hated using shaving foam/gel since you could hardly see what you were doing using them much preferred shaving soap. I suppose after your razor the other major investment should be your shaving brush. Amazing how much a difference a simple brush makes.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Thanks for the video! I have been shaving with a DE Safety (a Parker 91R Butterfly), and my dad's old shick injector (the razor I first learned to shave with), for about a year and still have enough supplies to go one more year... It is stupid how economical it is and how much more comfortable it is to shave with a safety rather than a cartridge. Never will I go back.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I just got into double edge shaving earlier this year.

Now I'm getting a much closer shave and my skin looks healthier than when I was using the electric. I also find it's a good way to unwind and feel better afterwords

Art of Manliness is one of my favorite sights to visit