What's new

We've been busy

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, after some time away (Canada and then at the in-laws) we moved back into our house. We had to clean up quite a bit from the renters and are still fixing some problems they left us with. Don't ever rent out your personal home folks, it just doesn't go as planned no matter how well you screen your renters.

The wife insisted this was the perfect time to renovate the kitchen. Well, I wasn't quite so sure, but after getting some help from family we decided now or never. The plan was to open our galley kitchen up to the living room and install a bar counter/island instead. Being an architect by trade I figured I could manage the design and then taking my time I could do the work myself.

The two renderings show the before and after of the kitchen, with some cabinet changes still in the works. The finishes are also just for illustration (the wife hasn't decided on them yet).

The photos are a shot of my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and myself removing the wall and installing a beam instead. There is another of the in progress work too.

Right now we have half the cabinets installed (without doors) and the others sitting in the living room. We still have doors to stain, floors to install, trim to finish and everything in between. It's been a long 3 months so far and it's hard to get much done only working at night and both days on the weekend. It's also put a serious dent in my smoking time too.

Attachments