What's new

What’s your favorite Alec Bradley and Rocky Patel smokes?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So after meeting an old friend from middle school at my new job and discovering he’s a cigar lover we got to talking about cigars of course during work. A lot of my favorite brands he’s never had much from (Crowned heads, Drew Estate and Tat, while I haven’t had many of his favorite brands (Alec Bradley, AF and RP) so of course we are gonna do some trades and splits but I was wondering what are your guys favorite sticks from these brands? I can remember having The Vandal which I remember as pretty good I can also remember remember the sun grown which I think was eh if I remember right. I really like all AF’s but just a brand I don’t buy much off and then RP last one I had was the sun grown maduro which was really good, I believe I had a 2003 vintage that I don’t remember much of.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
For alec Bradley, I definitely like the Prensado the most by far

Haven't had a lot of RP"s, but the Edge is probably my favorite of the ones I have tried

For AF I definitely think anything in the Hemingway line is great, as well as the Don Carlos

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if they make it anymore, but the AB Tempus maduro is a wicked good smoke. I will also second @Jrfoxx with the Prensado.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AB Tempus Maduro is a decent fuller bodied smoke. The AB White Gold is a good budget everyday smoke, smooth, but flavourful. I'm not very familiar w RP apart from the Edge.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AB Black Market Esteli for a fuller bodied smoke and AB Mundial for medium body. I keep both of them in my dry box
Haven't had a Black Market Esteli yet, but is in my cart for next months order.

Really did like the Mundial PL No.5 i got in the CRA Freedom Sampler I bought a couple years ago

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I used to live a few doors up from a shop that had a Rocky Patel lounge.
The Twin Shoppe in South Philly, if anyone is familiar.
Anyway, I smoked a bunch of RP’s during that time, as they were always in stock, didn’t cost too much, and I was learning about cigars.
A few I liked were the Nimmy D, The Edge line, and the Twentieth.
As for AF, the Best Seller and Short Story are really good smokes, and can usually be found in shops (here in Philly).
I think that regardless of what I choose to give your friend, he will be pleased.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, that is a damn good one there.
Agreed. All the Don Carlos's i have had have been excellent, including the No.4.

Have several vitolas in my cart for next months order , including the No.4

Also haven't had a Hemingway yet that wasn't stellar, and I have smoked a number of different vitolas. Favorite is the Signature and Classic probably

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to live a few doors up from a shop that had a Rocky Patel lounge.
The Twin Shoppe in South Philly, if anyone is familiar.
Anyway, I smoked a bunch of RP’s during that time, as they were always in stock, didn’t cost too much, and I was learning about cigars.
A few I liked were the Nimmy D, The Edge line, and the Twentieth.
As for AF, the Best Seller and Short Story are really good smokes, and can usually be found in shops (here in Philly).
I think that regardless of what I choose to give your friend, he will be pleased.
Agree on the Best Seller. Excellent example of the Hemingway line.
Just polished off a fiver of them recently .

Used to smoke a lot of the Short Storys, but they are just over with too quickly and leave me wanting more, so i have moved to the larger ones.

Have the same problem with the HUHC.

Wish the same blend was available in a full Corona vitola

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on the Best Seller. Excellent example of the Hemingway line.
Just polished off a fiver of them recently .

Used to smoke a lot of the Short Storys, but they are just over with too quickly and leave me wanting more, so i have moved to the larger ones.

Have the same problem with the HUHC.

Wish the same blend was available in a full Corona vitola

I couldn't wait to try AF's Hemingway line, I tried several including the short story and just don't like them at all! BUT the 858 is one of my favorites (I just resupplied ) should be here next week. Ordered a box of naturals but also like the 858 Maduro

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I couldn't wait to try AF's Hemingway line, I tried several including the short story and just don't like them at all! BUT the 858 is one of my favorites (I just resupplied ) should be here next week. Ordered a box of naturals but also like the 858 Maduro
I think you are the first AF smoker that I have seen say they didn't like anything in the Hemingway line.

I loved every one i have ever had.

Them and the Don Carlos are definitely my favorite AF's.

Do enjoy the 858's as well, just not one of my favorites.

Also love and smoke a fair number of various Chateau Fuente's.