What's new

What “Flying Pig” had the best flavor profile for you?

What “Flying Pig” had the best flavor profile for you?

• Undercrown “Flying Pig” 4 1/4 x 60

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Liga Privada T52 “Flying Pig” 4.125 x 60

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Liga Privada No. 9 “Flying Pig” 4.125 x 60

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Liga Privada Unico Serie “Feral Flying Pig” 5 3/8 x 60

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the #9 and Undercrown regular's but wondered about the love for the piggy's
Thanks
Undercrown “Flying Pig” 4 1/4 x 60
Liga Privada T52 “Flying Pig” 4.125 x 60
Liga Privada No. 9 “Flying Pig” 4.125 x 60
Liga Privada Unico Serie “Feral Flying Pig” 5 3/8 x 60

Attachments

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I've only had the #9 pig so far. Have the others just haven't burned them yet. So i guess the #9 is the best and worst pig I've ever had haha

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
No. 9 pig is the best IMO. Never been a fan of the FFP due to the size. Smoked a T52 pig a couple of weeks ago and pitched it at the halfway mark. It was in Cancun though and all the cigars I smoked there were so so. I believe the humidity really killed the flavor and burn.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No. 9 pig is the best IMO. Never been a fan of the FFP due to the size. Smoked a T52 pig a couple of weeks ago and pitched it at the halfway mark. It was in Cancun though and all the cigars I smoked there were so so. I believe the humidity really killed the flavor and burn.
Let me know what you think of the UC Pig Eddie.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Im too much of a puss to light up my no. 9...........

I need to soon though. Just need the the outside temps to chill out a bit more.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my opinion, the Feral pig is the best. Why? Not only is it the most enjoyable, but it's the only one with a different profile. The number 9, 52 and undercrown can all be purchased in different vitolas. I bet 99 percent of all people (myself included) would not be able to tell the difference between a undercrown gordo vs an undercrown pig if they were blindfolded.

This month I smoked a no 9 pig and a t52 pig. Both are nowhere as good as when they were fresh. I would say almost past their prime. Stop looking at them and smoke em fellas!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
So you've tried the UC pig?
No.9 > Undercrown.

In my opinion, the Feral pig is the best. Why? Not only is it the most enjoyable, but it's the only one with a different profile. The number 9, 52 and undercrown can all be purchased in different vitolas. I bet 99 percent of all people (myself included) would not be able to tell the difference between a undercrown gordo vs an undercrown pig if they were blindfolded.
This is a great point. The Undercrown Pig (and the No.9 pig) were stouter versions of the regular releases, but the FFP is the only one with a unique presence.

To be completely honest, I've found I personally prefer the regular-size cigar for actual smoking, for two reasons. 1, the regular ones aren't rare, so I don't have sky-high expectations, and 2, the regular versions actually seem to smoke better. They're more comfortable to hold and to smoke.

That being said, I do love these purdy piggies as eye-candy in my humidor drawer!

This month I smoked a no 9 pig and a t52 pig. Both are nowhere as good as when they were fresh. I would say almost past their prime. Stop looking at them and smoke em fellas!
They have mellowed out a lot over the years. I've heard from someone that the 2007 No.9's are smoking phenomenally right now thought, so I'm gonna hold them and see how they do in another couple years. Maybe the pattern will repeat!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
don't be the dead guy with a box of htf smokes at his funeral!
"pig" vs. "pigs" is quite a bit. However if I had a box, then I would be 3 or 4 into it already. Sadly I am not.

To the OP: If you happen to run across some piggies, then grab them as they are hard to get ahold of (minus the FFP). I am a big fan of the FFP, and the Vitola all together. Im hoping to try some other "flying pigs" within the next few weeks.

-Chrisso

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Might have tried one or two of the pigs (other than UC but I don't like UC blend so I'm not worried.)

I prefer the T52 over the 9 but it is close and the FPP comes a distant third for me.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Might have tried one or two of the pigs (other than UC but I don't like UC blend so I'm not worried.)

I prefer the T52 over the 9 but it is close and the FPP comes a distant third for me.
What he said on the pigs, including the comment on the UCs as I'm not a big fan of San Andres wrapper. I've had them all and voted earlier.