What's new

What are Oliva Events like?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi guys,

You can smell that I'm a newbie simply because I need to ask this. But, I figured what better place to ask than BOTL!

There is an Oliva Event coming up over at Churchill n Downs in Deerfield, IL. Super nice little place, and I've gone there a few times before. However, what could I expect? Anyone gone to other Oliva hosted events?

Much thanks,

TADAS

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
Hi guys,

You can smell that I'm a newbie simply because I need to ask this. But, I figured what better place to ask than BOTL!

There is an Oliva Event coming up over at Churchill n Downs in Deerfield, IL. Super nice little place, and I've gone there a few times before. However, what could I expect? Anyone gone to other Oliva hosted events?

Much thanks,

TADAS
What you can expect is to meet Paul Hight the area rep. They will have a buy 3 get 1 promo as well as a box promotion. They will probably have some snacks and refreshments as well. If you do go it is good form to buy some stuff if you are going to enjoy the refreshments. Other than that go and smoke a cigar, relax and have some fun.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beautiful! Good company and a good cigar, what more do you need...

Harry is a really nice guy. The first time my wife and I stopped by the shop, he spoke to us for an hour straight, gave me a cigar cutter, and I bought a Nub and an Acid to bring home. Very knowledgeable man, and a pleasure to talk to.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
In my area, the one event I went to was horrible. I walked in, asked the rep a question, was treated like I did not matter, ignored, and within 3 minutes walked back out...Never even got the change to purchase a 3 get 1 free.....

The events are all about the brothers who show up.enjoying a good smoke etc...In my area that is all there is and its not like meeting one of the members of the family and . or owners of the brand. Because of the treatment I received I made the decision to leave and missed out on meeting some fine brothers....my fault....but it was a waste of a 2 hour drive....

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Paul is a good guy and like Tim said buy a few Oliva made cigars to support the shop that took the time to get him out. Also Oliva makes some pretty decent stuff that you can't go wrong with, much better than the Acid you smoked, lol! To each his own but the Oliva cigars should ween you off that aqua velva quick.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I've had a serie G and serie O before, and really would like to try the Serie V maduro in the perfecto vitolla. Any thoughts on the Serie V maduros?
I have a box of 08's and a box of the 09's. Does that answer your question? I like em.