What's new

What do you tell your friends when they ask what cigar you have given them to smoke

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have encountered this situation a few times. I hand someone a rollup ( always someone I know) and they ask "what is this I am smoking?" Please keep in mind, everyone knows I roll and they all now recognize my bands, so its not a matter of misidentifying the stick as a commercial offering. What do I tell them? I've been saying " blend 6" and giving them an " all-knowing-yet mysterious" look. For some of the more regular Guinea pigs...er... lab rats...er... brother brother blend samplers, however, I'd like to provide a bit more information. I have on occasion included a card identifying the wrapper, binder, and filler, but that just elicits blank stares.

I believe the question comes from the generic ice breaker everyone asks when sitting down in a cigar lounge. ( what are you smoking, is it good, is it better than.....? etc).

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Not a home-roller so take with a few grains of salt, but maybe tell them what you were going for with that blend (certain taste, better burn, trying a new filler you heard good things about)?
One of my favorite authors, James Herriot, wrote about a man who made homemade wine, and he has a quote that I like: "an enthusiast is appealing, but a fanatic is irresistible". If they were just politely making conversation, they'll be satisfied with any answer. But if they have genuine interest you might hook them with your passion and they'll want to hear more. Who knows... they may leave with some of your extra rolling supplies by the time you're done talking.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I don't roll my own, what I gift to friends is stuff I will personally smoke. Good Cigars, the bad stuff I buy, and find I do not like.

I drop off at a local B & M that sends Cigars to Troops deployed. I have been know to leave a note in the bag with a little note saying I hope they be joy these cigars. Note is signed, and an e-mail is attached.

I am not sure the notes made it to the troops, as I have never got a e-mail. But assume the Cigar do make it to the troops.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My cigar bands have the recipe written on them with the date they were bunched (it might take a week to wrap them depending how busy I am).
I usually try to give them something that sounds like they'd like then if they follow up with questions, I tell them all they want to know.
Usually they just say something like "I like a dark cigar...."