What's new

What do you think of my temp/ rh levels?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I finally got a hygrometer (govee) today and it’s been in my tup for a few hours these are the levels it’s sitting at what do y’all think? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think the temperature might be of concern for mold/beetles. I could be wrong but I think 70 should be the absolute max for both. My preference is both closer to 65. I started out with just the tupperdor, but had to get a used wine fridge to put it in because my temps were regularly hitting 80.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a pretty low buy in at this point with just one 7L tupperdor with trays and a Govee, it fluctuates in temp with an average of 74 degrees. Humidity stays at 69 but I’m in the process of purchasing boveda 65s because I’m shooting for 65/65

Does anybody know an affordable way to bring temp down? I have a storage unit in my buildings garage, I tried moving it there but the temp isn’t much lower. I have a small west facing apartment and even with blinds and my ac unit I can’t seem to keep the tupperdor cool.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a pretty low buy in at this point with just one 7L tupperdor with trays and a Govee, it fluctuates in temp with an average of 74 degrees. Humidity stays at 69 but I’m in the process of purchasing boveda 65s because I’m shooting for 65/65

Does anybody know an affordable way to bring temp down? I have a storage unit in my buildings garage, I tried moving it there but the temp isn’t much lower. I have a small west facing apartment and even with blinds and my ac unit I can’t seem to keep the tupperdor cool.
I bought a used wine fridge for $100. Total game changer!

https://www.botl.org/threads/wine-fridge-goodbye-78-degree-tupperdor.96561/

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe cigars are better kept too cold then too warm. Too cold they don't age as well but if you have a fairly small stash you're probably not looking for long term storage. If you can properly seal your tupperdor or ziplock bags and maintain RH I would suggest a couple of months in the fridge is better then a couple of months in the heat. Just keep the temps steady, consistent and let them slowly come to room temp before trying to smoke them. Try a couple and see how they do, I've read about brothers keeping cigars in their vehicles or unheated basements during Northern Winters and not having a problem.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m thinking I’m going to try to change the room. My tup is in my bedroom which tends to be a bit warmer than the rest of my house

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You’re apartment is 74°+ ?!
So it’s too much to explain but we don’t exactly control the temperature. The bedroom which is where my tup is is actually the warmest room in the house but I didn’t think It would be a problem until I saw the readings today so I think my plan is changing the room

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[mention]Texican [/mention] that might be the ticket but I’d have to explain to my gf why I’m going from one tupperdor to a wine fridge in our one bedroom apartment

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What do y’all think about throwing a tupperdor inside a cooler with a small ice pack to keep the temp low in there, maybe replacing it every other day or something? Assuming the humidity and condensation doesn’t get inside the Tupperware

That’s the only solution I can think of w what I have on hand

Sorry [mention]Dylantaylor059 [/mention] not tryna thread jack!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What do y’all think about throwing a tupperdor inside a cooler with a small ice pack to keep the temp low in there, maybe replacing it every other day or something? Assuming the humidity and condensation doesn’t get inside the Tupperware

You’re completely good! Who knows maybe some more ideas may roll in

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching this thread because I can't get my Rh low enough in my NewAir 400. Temp is no issue. Using a CigarOasis Plus, and Rh just soars. Ugh.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

nothiing wrong with that, the guys I know that do this use the hard blue ice packs and wrap in a towel. Many of us use coolers for cigar storage.

Last edited: