What's new

What does Fumas mean?

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What exactly does the term "fumas" mean? I see this all the time with the budget yard dog smokes...... Brickhouse Fumas, Rocky Patel Fumas, etc....... The word for smoke in spanish is "fumar"..... I'm guessing this has some correlation?

John,
CC

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bottom line is if you like the Cigar be it short filler, or long leaf. You like the Cigar, buy more. There is a lot of bu*****t, and hype at B & M's about the God Gift, or Greatest Cigar on Earth.

Botton line is if it cost $20.00/stick and taste like s**t to you, it is to you palates liking. Don't think you weird, your an individual, with a different palate.

Many years ago a B & M Clerk gave me a "greatest cigar on earth", it was named for the shop owner. I smoked it, and said really, so what, not a big deal. It was like smoking dried out hay, no taste, super mild.

About a week later the guy asked me how the stick was, being polite I said not to my liking, would never buy one. Tried to be honest & polite.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Fumas is literally "you smoke."

It's the second person singular of "fumar"

I suspect that there is either some cultural slang or jargon at work here, which various forms of Fumar can take on (like going unnoticed), or...

Cigar companies are capitalizing on the fact that most American cigar smokers don't know a lick of Spanish. I mean, how many of you still butcher "LEE-hair-o" or "Ta-tu-AH-hey?"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the replies guys. It makes sense now.

@sean I definitely agree. I cringe when people mispronounce Spanish words lol. Fortunately I can speak Spanish! You're right. "Fumas" could be cultural slang for a "yard gar".....

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yo tambien, pero necesito** mas practicar. Cuando*** voy a Tijuana, yo hablando como un niño.

Igualmente! Yo aprender hablando Espanol con hablando muchas latinas y escuchando musica Mexicana.....

Es Cuando*, en lugar Quando..... Yo allegre por ti, compa! ^^^^^^

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Igualmente! Yo aprender hablando Espanol con hablando muchas latinas y escuchando musica Mexicana.....

¡Dios mio! "Quando"? Hijole... ¿Que stupido? Es verdad, necesito mas practicar.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apparently four years of high school Spanish did nothing for me... I was only able to understand maybe eight words and I know better and to try to put them in the right order...¿dónde está el baño más cercano y cuánto es la fianza ... y, por último, dónde está la embajada de EE. UU.