What's new

What does HERF stand for?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know that HERF means a smoking get together, and a B&M is your local smoke shop. However; I cant seem to find what these acronyms actually mean. So how about it brothers? Help out a noob?

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
1st known use of HERF

Newsgroups: alt.smokers.cigars
Date: 1996/11/21
Subject: worst cigars IMHO

I bought a Canaria d’Oro(sic?)Robusto out of curiousity and it was really a horrible, stale,grassy smoke with a peed-on taste. I gave it about 2 inches before I put it out. Also, anything Macanudo...I tried several when I first began smoking cigars and found them all to be very bland and almost impossible to herf, they were so tightly wrapped. I think the list of `Mediocre Smokes’ for most folks would be huge.

Newsgroups: alt.smokers.cigars
Date: 1996/11/23
Subject: Re: Herfing (was Re: worst cigars IMHO)

To `herf’ is to draw on a cigar. It’s less vulgar than `suck’ and not as misleading as `toke’. Especially when you’re suffering through an impossibly tight smoke and you are glad no one is watching.

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
When asked about it at a later date he has this to say..

On July 11, 1997, “Prince of Skeeves” further explained: “The first time I heard the word ‘herf’ and recognized it’s potential for the enrichment of my vocabulary was in junior college in Clyde, Texas in 1982 from a blueblood derelict friend of my named Stu. In the context of the time it was used to describe the ungainly and humorous facial contortion required to deeply draw on a large, hand- rolled cigarette of unknown filling while driving a motor vehicle and keeping an eye peeled for the Callahan County sheriff. Later I found the term ‘herf’ described nicely the method for getting a good mouthful of tasty smoke from my favorite cigars.”

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Like Ron and Wade said....

A Cigar HERF is a gathering of individuals to smoke cigars. It can be a gathering at your local Cigar Shop, Cigar Bar, or at your house.