What's new

What does your car smell like?

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i know, pretty silly question, but pipe tobacco obviously smells better (room note) than cigarette and cigar smoke. BUT, after the room note goes away, does it leave a musty stale ash like odor like natural tobaccos? I don't smoke in my truck, but would consider aromatics if it doesn't leave my truck smelling like an ashtray (I'm guessing it will).

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I crack a window and put fan on 'Floor' only, even in winter. (from outside air, not Recirculating) Most smoke goes out the window. Ash always goes on the ground outside wherever I stop and empty the pipe. Never smoke cigars in the car, pipe only, but usually only natural tobaccos, very seldom an aro. No problems with smell whatsoever. (and I despise the stale cigarette/cigar ashtray smell) What residual smell is there from piping I find to be quite pleasant, actually.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I use the whiff out in my xikar ash can which helps kinda. And also the little tree air fresheners too.

If I know I won't be driving for a bit, I keep 2 bottles of auto febreze in my truck and spritz it to hopefully get rid of some of the cigar smoke stinch.

Pipes I noticed a more pleasent smell.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
When the AC kicks in...ass. Definitely ass.
I agree with this. Even though I never use "recirculate".
In a minute or two it goes away. Or I get used to it, not sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's probably a cabin air filter in this car somewhere.

[edit]
Yeah. There is. It's a $10 filter and goes under the hood. That plastic panel that runs the bottom length of the windshield ( ya know, your wiper posts are probably sticking out of it. ) Mine has a snap-off door and the filter's under there. I'll pick one up this week and do it Saturday. Looks like it's quick, but I ain't doing it in a Autozone parking lot. If you want to fight the battle, google your car and see if it take a cabin air filter.

Last edited:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The truck I drive to work smells pretty funky. Not of dead bodies and beaver castor, but of stale smoke. I do the same as others mentioned, no recirc, window cracked, and it still reeks. Oh well, its just a commuter vehicle. Keeps the wife from driving it. My good vehicles never get smoked in though. Stale smoke is a pretty nasty smell. might be time to look into an ozone generator.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoke like a chimney in my SUV....run an ionizer in there and then use a spray ionizer when I leave it. The Ozone spray works great...the ionizer that I bought 7 years ago runs all the time and it works great....except when I've eaten beans and drank beer and hard boiled eggs...seems as though nothing works for that...nuclear farts.