What's new

What Happened!!!!!

CMT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved into a new home last month and had to find a place to put my humi's. I figured the closet would be great, new storage racks already in place and alot of room..... In one month the RH has dropped from 65/70 to around 55. :closedmou I did not notice it untill lastnight. What the hell happened? It was fine a week or so ago. Can it be because my closet or is something wrong with my humi. I looked at it,no open spaces, closed just fine.....

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The humi's not new is it? Was there a big change in temperature? Ambient Humidity really really low or something?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I have unplugged my cigar oasis since June with only a couple re-plugin times. It's holding pretty steady. Made it just ran out of PG/distilled water

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Aside from there may be somethinig wrong w/ your humidification system, the closet may be much cooler and dryer than in your old house...especially if your humi at your old home was close to an outside wall where it is hotter and more humid. I say go up to your local smoke shop, get a new digital hygrometer, and turn the humidity up a bit and see if that helps.

CMT

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hygrometer is right, I have had the humi for almost a year now and have had no problems. I opened up the closet doors for a day now (let air in or what ever) and it is almost back to normal? :dunno: I don't know whats going on. Maybe it is just to hot or something in there...any thoughts?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Do you have another therm/hygro? If not take the one out of the humi and just put it next to it for a day. See what the ambient conditions are in the closet. Other than that, ya got me...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
CMT said:
The hygrometer is right, I have had the humi for almost a year now and have had no problems. I opened up the closet doors for a day now (let air in or what ever) and it is almost back to normal? :dunno: I don't know whats going on. Maybe it is just to hot or something in there...any thoughts?
Got me on this one.